The planner will perform work in creating and revising production planning for part fabrication, assembly, fixtures and tooling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings, design concepts, shop planning/orders and concepts in accordance with customer requirements and quality assurance functions.
- Develop standard work throughout the factory and incorporate into shop planning/orders.
- Provide engineering support to production departments in troubleshooting and resolution of production issues.
- Perform variation analysis, as required, on complex structures and systems to validate the design and build.
- Provide manufacturing engineering expertise to validate technical production and tooling solutions for implementation of existing architecture (areas of significant change to the build, design and/or technology).
- May lead cross functional teams to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Leads and implements the development of index and datum plans in support of an integrated build plan.
- Conducts dimensional analysis on assemblies using statistical tolerance stacks and 3-D tolerance analysis software to validate that design-build solutions matches requirements.
- Analyzes and provides producibility information and documents producibility best practices.
- Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions.
- Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule.
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories and advanced concepts for production planning.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly at 314-264-3135 to discuss
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSDegree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience. The following degrees are highly preferred: Aeronautical EngineeringChemical EngineeringCivil EngineeringElectrical EngineeringIndustrial & Systems EngineeringManufacturing EngineeringManufacturing Engineering TechnologyMechanical EngineeringMechanical Engineering TechnologyMetallurgical and Materials Engineering ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONSThe ideal candidate will have the following education, experience, skills and capabilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace.
- 1 year of applied experience performing statistical tolerance stacks and using 3-D tolerance analysis software is required.
- Minimum 1 year applied experience in developing and documenting coordinated index plans and datum strategies for assemblies is required.
- Experience with CAD / CAM tools and systems, CATIA V5 preferred.
- General knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities, and data needed for defining delivery configuration.
- General knowledge of design, production, and build processes to effectively influence product design.
- Knowledge of producibility and process improvement methodologies.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with work group members, direct supervisor, and occasionally members of others work groups; establishes and maintains good working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Send resume to email@example.com
- Results driven performer with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- High performance behaviors, self-initiative, excellent work ethic, exercises good judgment, influencing, and collaboration.
- Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually.
- Superior prioritization and planning skills. A detail oriented individual who proactively engages with business issues to avoid crisis management
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, check out www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, look at our Branch Locator.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.