PDS Tech Commercial is seeking candidates for a Quality Documentation and Attestation Specialist position in Mobile, AL
In this position you would facilitate and contribute to full adherence and respect of Aircraft Documentation conformity, in terms of paper and electronic configuration processes, in order to secure the required level of compliance to our Quality Management System (QMS) . You will need to proceed with collecting, reviewing and validating data that you will record in our different systems.
You will provide support and expertise and take part in problem solving / process improvement when required.
The core purpose of the role is to secure Production Organization Approval (POA) and ensure compliance with our airworthiness obligations.
- Responsible for classifying and storing Goods Receipt (GR) documentation.
- Facilitate and contribute to standardization and documentation process adherence, providing clear process and guidance.
- Coordinate containment, corrective and preventative actions with MFT function members.
- Application of Quality standards including approval of documentation / process.
- Accountable for Production and Quality certification Stamp management process and records.
- Follow program planning to release all documentation in order to secure manufacturing and flight activity (including serialization).
- Review and validate serialization in order to secure compliance and Aircraft configuration.
- Conduct audit / surveillance to identify and correct any discrepancies, and propose corrective actions if needed.
As Level I: Technical Knowledge
- Awareness and demonstration of problem solving mindset, and documentation process fundamentals.
- Capacity to create and maintain basic reports and KPIs.
- Operate within a business unit within the level of MFT.
- Focus on your own development and skills maturity.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical/Industrial Engineering or similar discipline is preferred, or equivalent documentation/configuration conformance management experience is required.
- Required: Education or minimum 1 year experience in Manufacturing / Quality / Configuration Control / Planning preferred, and preferably with an international aerospace company in aircraft manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Familiar with lean methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of rules for aircraft design and manufacturing preferred.
- Strong and effective Practical Problem Solving skills (PPS), and ability to direct and facilitate PPS, and track progress to completion.
- KPI and Pareto understanding.
- Knowledge of FOD and product safety processes preferred.
- High degree of flexibility and initiative.
- Strong communication skills through all levels of the organization and functions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to independently develop, communicate, and recommend change to processes and procedures.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, in English which is required operating in a multicultural and multifunctional environment.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office; Google Suite to high competency level.
- Knowledge on SAP, MES or other manufacturing operations systems/applications preferred.
- Periods of infrequent travel. Up to 10% domestic and international.
- Authorized to work in the US.
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Person will have decision making power within the guidelines and procedures linked to the listed responsibilities defined above.
- Person will have decision making power formally delegated to him/her from the Head of Quality Product Improvement.
- Person will have decision making power within the defined scope of SME (Subject Matter Expert) for which they can and may be nominated.
Direct Reports: Exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Compliance of the Company's QMS and its impact on the regulatory approvals which are given to the Company by the Aviation Authorities.
- Improvement of customer satisfaction through improving the Quality of the Product/Process in front of the internal/external authorities.
- Through engagement and behaviors, drive people/teams to improve on current ways of working and standards to achieve excellence in manufacture/operations.
- Establish and deploy a high level of standard and process to be followed.
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved communication on a regular basis with internal and external parties.
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings; Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg while engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on the shop floor.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at the computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions
- Space Limitations: Working on jigs at the fuselage at a height of 15 feet.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. (now an Adecco Group company) is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms specializing in Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy industries. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect our commitment to quality that our associates and clients experience first-hand.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.pdstech.com/candidate-privacy/
Ready to learn more? Please visit www.pdstech.com or take a look at where we are to find a recruiter near you.