PDS is seeking a Ops Trainee for an open position in Tulsa, OKPosition Purpose:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is an entry-level position in which the individual will be trained in the manufacturing processes of the aircraft. In a team environment, under direct supervision, perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
- Under specific instruction and guidance, perform fitting of detail parts and basic drilling and riveting operations using basic mechanic hand tools (pneumatic drills, rivet gun, counter sinks, reamers and files, etc.) .
- Ensure parts and work content meets the instructions of assigned manufacturing employee and/or Quality Control Inspector.
- Learn to read work orders, blueprints, and specification sheets to determine sequence of operation and work requirement. .
- Align and assemblies parts to be riveted using holding fixtures, pins, clamps and fasteners.
- Observe and assist to become familiar with parts and assemblies, then works with decreasing supervision as experience is gained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Enrollment in a Technical Aviation program preferred.
- Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and listening and computer keyboard skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must be able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds.
- Entry level position into composite bonding.
- We are looking for candidate with strong computer skill (Microsoft excel and other office suite software is a plus), and mechanical aptitude.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. (now an Adecco Group company) is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms specializing in Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy industries. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect our commitment to quality that our associates and clients experience first-hand.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.pdstech.com/candidate-privacy/
Ready to learn more? Please visit www.pdstech.com or take a look at where we are to find a recruiter near you.