PDS Tech is hiring HVAC - Field Service Specialist in Topeka, KS.
Role: DREAM HVAC JOB with premier Fortune 500 company!!!
Location: Operates out of own home in the Topeka area of Kansas (see map).
Duration: CONTRACT TO DIRECT POSITION. Premier Fortune 500 company needs this position filled permanently. New-hire will begin as contract employee toward soon conversion to permanent employee.
• Better call now: This one will go very fast!
• Guaranteed 40 hours paid per week, plus overtime is available.
• An experienced HVAC service technician is needed, but not for actual HVAC repairs. Dream HVAC job; no dirty work; this work only needs simple small hand tools, just to replace thermostats!
• Company provides new company vehicle to be based at your home.
• Company provides tools, supplies, uniform shirts, iPhone, laptop, and home office equipment.
• Candidates need to be residing now – or be willing to immediately relocate themselves to – the Topeka/Lawrence area of Kansas (see map).
• We are only the thermostat people, and we only go out when customers concerns cannot be resolved by phone. This position always deals very superbly with customers, and just changes-out thermostats when needed.
• The successful candidate must have experience troubleshooting the normal range of different types of residential HVAC equipment and control circuitry.
• Your home is your workplace when you’re not in the field! Candidates need to have good experience with office work using iPhone, scanners, and MSOutlook email via iPhone and laptop. Mostly only for transmitting completed work orders.
• Computer literacy required: Word, Excel, and ability to learn program specific software.
• Proven outstanding communications, management, customer, and client relations skills required.
• Supervisory experience is a plus.
• Valid Driver's License; clean driving record
• Past work history must establish:
o Already skilled with HVAC technical work in the field (established in work history)
o Already proven excellent with customers
o Already has the skills needed to run a small “iPhone, laptop, printer, paperwork, scanner” office out of home; also skilled enough to care for all that equipment, and keep it running well all the time
o Proven capable of working independently
* Guaranteed 40 hours, plus OT available.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Full-time field team membership to support a large thermostat maintenance program for premier Electric Utility in northeastern Kansas.
This position requires full-time work in the field, complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) directives and procedures and guidelines. Position also requires participation in quality audits that are conducted by both Honeywell management and Westar Energy client. Successful candidate will be able to work remotely and independently of the operations office which is located 150 miles away. Candidate will coordinate with program management, call center and after-hours answering service agents, and other program field personnel. In support of program management, this position will perform field service functions, telephonic and on-site trouble-shooting, quality assurance, field-related customer service, and work assignment coordination. This field service specialist will have responsibility for day-to-day activities to include monitoring scheduled appointment data; travel for on-site services; provide for program tracking and reporting for productivity and quality; investigating customer concerns, ensuring that all problems are promptly and correctly rectified. Adopts quality and productivity goals of program management and client. Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding safety, technical and productivity aspects of new opportunities consistent with product line objectives. Supports tracking and reporting of safety, quality, and productivity data
• Plans and implements procedures and projects that support Demand Response installation function within Westar Energy service territory.
• Recommends action, schedules, estimates, plans and manages field production to completion.
• Remains current on technical training. May be called upon to investigate customer claims.
• Provides service support to customers, and supports client/customer relations through researching, writing and managing input related to client/customer issues.
• Supports development of new procedures/technology/applications and strategies.
• Performs After-Hours Support (AHS) function on a rotational basis with other technicians or contractors.
• Conducts program product testing, as needed.
• Assists with inventory control for the program. Responsible for field inventory tracking and regular field reporting, including timely communication of inventory problems/needs as necessary.
• Performs field service IAW Honeywell Field Manual, Safe Work Procedures, and management instructions. Performs field resolutions of customer service requests
• Ensures correctly completed Work Order documentation, and reports near-real-time production data. On a rotational basis with other installers, performs Primary/Alternate After-Hours On-Call duties.
• Adopts safety, quality and productivity goals of program management; communicates thoroughly with management regarding safety, technical aspects and productivity.
• Completes continuous trainings, as necessary.
• Manages truck inventory of product, tools, equipment and supplies.
• Ensures all proper care, cleanliness and maintenance of company-assigned vehicle.
• Coordinates delivery of program-related HVAC-type service.
• Assists with managing product issues.
• Ensures timely and correct completed Work Order documentation.
• Coordinates customer key/access control, when applicable.
• This position may be called upon to help ensure devices and field supplies/materials are available to a subcontractor, including managing any necessary pre-assembly of devices and field supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
KEY INTERFACES AND RESOURCES: Honeywell office, field and call center personnel; client and customers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT: Extensive customer contact; resolving customer concerns and interacting on a daily basis.
Must be US Citizen
High School Diploma plus technical training or 2 year college degree
1 - 3 years related experience
1 - 3 years HVAC service experience
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify