PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Strategic Buyer, in Grand Prairie, TX.
Assess the market (competitors, prices & technologies) for parts and equipment: 25%
- Conduct price and value analysis
- Lead and/or participate in multi-functional teams for value creation (savings, sourcing, policies, etc.)
- Support commodity sourcing policy definition
- Decides on accepting new suppliers, including building up and supporting suppliers and developing and adapting procedures for assessing suppliers.
- Local sourcing
Prepare and negotiate supplier contracts: 35%
- Negotiates terms and conditions of delivery (quantities, prices, deadlines, logistics) with domestic and foreign suppliers on the basic of defined objectives.
- Concludes individual contracts and master contracts, also under foreign law, within a defined financial budget.
- Prepare Request for Information/Request for Proposal
Monitor and evaluate supplier performance: 15%
- Manage, monitor and update supplier contracts and amendments
- Consolidate and report results, issues, concerns to management on a regular basis
- Communicate with stakeholders in the case of a major failure of the supplier
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customer to ensure understanding of their needs by involving them on the development of a strategic vision for suppliers.
Data Management : 10%
- Work with Data Management team to ensure procurement data is accurate in the ERP (SAP) system
- Accountable for all Procurement Data in the ERP (Prices, Lead Time, MoQ, Supplier Payment Term,...)
Monitor the supply chain process: 15%
- Leads MFT (Multi-Functional Teams) in dealing with Import/Export requirements (ITAR) ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Ensure that materials are processed in a timely manner through the supply chain system.
- Handle international business transfers (e.g. Europe US)
- Integration of Airbus Helicopters Canada and Airbus Helicopter Mexico (One Roof)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Required: Minimum of four (4) years directly related experience within a Procurement/Program/Strategy/Contract/ Sales/Supplier management environment; working knowledge of SAP (MM module preferred)
- Preferred : Aerospace experience
- Preferred-APICS certification and Lean Six Sigma a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Required: Knowledge of RFI/RFP process; compliance requirements; knowledge of generic supply chain operational procedures and procured products/services risk management
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Ability to establish contracts and conduct business case calculations
- Preferred: Knowledge of Aircraft part
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form, and speak and hear clearly during telephone conversations with internal and external customers.
- French/German language skills a plus
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify