Performs various production assembly operations on components and subassemblies. Working under limited supervision uses visual aids, lists, and verbal and written instruction to assemble, modify, re-work or re-assemble units. Assignments are complex. Receives minimal instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments. May guide work of Assembler I and II. All work is performed in explosive handling areas or where explosive devices may be present.
- Follow and meet manufacturing build schedules
- Manufacture sub-assemblies
- Knowledge of condition and countability of subassemblies
- Set-up and operate electrical test equipment
- Must know and be able to recognize proper tooling for a specific task
- Must be able to perform mechanical assembly and solder connections
- Must be able to work from assembly prints, drawings and work orders
- Train less experienced assemblers as required
- Other functions as assigned
- Three to five years minimum experience as a mechanical assembler
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Process to be initiated immediately after transfer
- Cross-trained in multiple operations
- Must be able to read and understand manufacturing procedures
- Experienced in using a variety of hand tools, measuring devices, microscope
- General knowledge of calibration systems
- Must have basic soldering and welding skills
- Strong interaction skills also required
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify