PDS Tech Inc is seeking an Aeroscience Engineer in Wichita, KS
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the analysis and development of Special Missions and Defense aircraft modifications across the company product line using analytic data, wind tunnel data, and flight test data. Requires coordination with multiple technical stakeholders. In this position, the candidate will work closely with IPT members (such as Program Management, Technical Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain, & Quality Assurance) to achieve the desired design requirements and objectives.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: * Integrate Special Missions equipment on a variety of aircraft platforms for missions including the following: * Intelligence/Surveillance/Reconnaissance, Aerial Survey, Air Ambulance, Flight Inspection, Float Operations, Parachute, Maritime Patrol, Search & Rescue, Training, Utility/Transport * The variety of tasks within the Aerosciences organization can include analysis of aircraft loads, performance, and handling qualities. * Will involve the development of simulation models and tools using a variety of in house programs as well as FORTRAN, MATLAB, C++ and MATHCAD codes on LINUX workstations and PC's. * Contribute to the development and certification of significant engineering projects. * Participate in the entire development process, from early advanced design efforts to final certification activity. * Collaborate with other engineering disciplines such as Advanced Design, Mass Properties, Flight Controls, Propulsion, Engineering Flight Test, Stress, and Fatigue. * Apply knowledge of 14 CFR Part 23 and Part 25 regulations to insure all critical design and certification analyses have been performed. * Document results in memos and certification reports for transmittal to internal customers and certification authorities.
• At least 2 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical degree.
• A&P and/or pilot’s license is beneficial
• Military experience is beneficial
• Ability to work ITAR restricted programs (U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident)
• Ability to work under only general direction. Must be able to work independently to complete a project or work and coordinate as part of team assigned to complete a specific project on schedule. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience in the configuration development of new and derivative aircraft with relevant experience in aerodynamic analysis, which includes, but is not limited to, the collection and reduction of wind tunnel data, the development of theoretical aerodynamic models, CFD, utilizing simulation tools to perform trajectory analysis, calculating aircraft performance, or determining aircraft handling characteristics.
• Programming background is beneficial.
• Experience with 3D modeling and drafting using CATIA V5 file based/Enovia and/or CATIA V6/Enovia is beneficial
• Experience with Special Missions and/or Military systems and equipment is beneficial
• Experience with the Beechcraft King Air and/or Citation Longitude is beneficial
• Knowledge of FAA and/or Military processes and procedures to support certification and system qualification is beneficial
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify