PDS Tech is seeking a Flammability Engineer for an open position in Mobile, AL
The Flammability Engineer will support Company cabin and cargo engineering team in the review and approval of interior engineering flammability data in support of major and minor changes to aircraft type design
- Ensure aircraft type design complies with type certification requirements for cabin and cargo material flammability requirements.
- Generate certification plans and support the creation of compliance statements in support of major projects.
- Provide solutions to issues arising during certification projects and provide status to Management on these key issues.
- Coordinate with suppliers during development phase of the equipment to ensure that compliance to Company requirements are satisfied.
- Define the certification requirements to support aircraft modification in accordance with customer's request.
- Review and approve Airbus internal and vendor test plans and reports, including witnessing testing as required.
- Ensure that the design can be certified and all the necessary data for test and certification is produced.
- Provide input and feedback on matters pertaining to certification between equipment suppliers, customers and Airbus engineering organizations.
- Generate reports as required. Reviews and approves suppliers compliance reports.
- Create and ensure that the engineering is robust and meets integrated project requirements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Experience / Skills / Training:
- Clear and in-depth knowledge of FAA, European and other Foreign National Authority aircraft certification regulations pertaining to Part 23 and 25 cabin interior and flammability requirements.
- A good understanding of the Part 23 or 25 certification process (TC & STC), regulations, orders, notices and policies.
- Minimum of 10 years in aviation or 5 years in aircraft compliance experience, specifically cabin and/or passenger to freighter.
- Ability to write reports and technical memorandums.
- Strong liaison with other departments both internally and internationally.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S) in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years in cabin or cargo compartment stress analysis.
- Experience in static (FE and free-body), fatigue and transient analysis, Nastran, Patran, MathCad.
- Familiar with FAA/EASA Aircraft regulatory requirements.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project PC tools
Education / Special Qualifications:
5 years of aircraft certification experience and 3 years flammability certification experience.
Bachelor’s in Engineering and Part 23 or 25 certification process understanding.
Up to 10% business travel.
- Vision: able to see and utilize computer screens; able to move through office and from point to point to find specific co-workers and in-house experts.
- Hearing: able to hear in normal conversations and respond to warnings and signals.
- Speaking: able to participate in normal business conversations.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate standard office equipment and utilize electronic id to enter building
- Carrying: able to carry up to 20 lbs./9kg. when transporting documents, printer paper and similar items.
- Lifting: able to lift up to 20lbs/9kg. on occasion.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push/pull office chairs and pieces of equipment
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer terminal while writing bulletins or participating in meetings
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to occasionally able to squat/kneel to access items stored on low shelving
- Standing: able to stand for long periods of time in meetings and discussions
- Travel: able to travel through office/work complex and occasionally within US for business meetings.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas sometimes on uneven surfaces to reach meetings, visitors and direct others to meetings.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify