PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Responsible for trouble shooting, performing minor repairs, assisting with major repairs and performing preventive maintenance inspections on all production machinery, production systems and plant support equipment
• Perform minor repairs and install equipment within the capabilities of the job classification
• Assist in diagnosing mechanical and electrical malfunctions on equipment by using standard trouble shooting techniques, drawings/schematics, manuals and instructions from higher skilled personnel.
• Perform periodic preventive maintenance on equipment and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Responsible for returning tools and equipment to their proper storage locations and reporting missing items and known defects to supervisor.
• Responsible for notifying supervision when spare parts and supply inventories are low and make recommendations for quantities required.
• Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, vernier calipers; dial indicators and meters to assist in the diagnostics and repair of equipment as instructed by higher skilled personnel.
• Lubricate machinery and equipment as recommended by the original equipment manufacturer.
• Must operate a forklift when required.
• Perform general pipe fitting tasks, plumbing tasks and minor electrical tasks as required to maintain the facility and production equipment
• Perform other duties and assignments which include: water treatment, chemical and chemical spill management, minor fork lift repairs, building repairs, plumbing repairs and assisting peers.
• Zero Accidents
• Comply with all Carbon Products EH&S policies and procedures, including personal protective equipment use, housekeeping standards, and EH&S training requirements.
• Use appropriate equipment and tools to perform job functions safely.
• Handling of hazardous materials.
• Handling of hazardous waste.
• Handling of 90-day storage area.
• Experience working with pumps, vacuum systems, rebuilding valves, cooling tower systems, machine tool maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Education: HS Diploma
• Citizenship: US Person
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify