PDS Tech Inc. is seeking an Senior Electrical Engineer, in San Jose, CA.
Tasked with implementing selected product and technology upgrades to their Military Combat Vehicle Portfolio. As a Systems Senior Electrical/Electronics Cabling/Design Engineer, responsibilities will be to optimize the design/design wiring harnesses and cable assemblies to integrate new and updated electrical power and electronic systems, subsystems and components
Experience/ Education Required
- Military ground vehicle wiring harness and cabling design experience
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles
- Working knowledge of Visio Technical, Pro-E, Pro-Cable and/or CADDS 5
- System, subsystem and component specification development and the process to verify specifications
- Low voltage (28Vdc) power distribution and management (Solid State Power Controller/Programmable Power Controller)
- Vehicle Signal management (Sensor/Transducer Input/Output signal management)
- Smart Display Unit
- Working knowledge of military electrical connectors and electrical cabling specifications
- SAEJ1939 CANBus, Mil-Std – 1553, 10/100 and Gigabit Ethernet Protocols
- Integration of military communication/antenna systems including BFT, SINCGARS, DAGR, CREW2
- Responsible for technical decisions, which may impact project completion.
- Specify and design components from system, subsystem, or configuration item requirements and demonstrate through modeling, simulation and analysis or test that these requirements are met.
- Prepares engineering documentation (specification, ICDs, design documents, and technical/test reports) and complete technical data packages.
- Prepares cost estimates and schedules for assigned electrical design projects.
- Prepares Change Notices, Engineering Change Proposals and Engineering Orders as required to complete assignments.
- Monitors procurement, manufacturing, and delivery of components through purchasing and manufacturing departments to ensure that schedules are met.
- Guide drafters and designers in creating clear and releasable documents.
- Provides regular status reports to supervisor, project engineer, and customers as needed.
- Three (3) years experience with BS or 1 year experience with MS degree
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent engineering degree/experience
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify