PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Thermal/Fluids Analyst, in Minneapolis, MN.
Activities involve the thermal and fluid analyses supporting design and testing of precision guide munitions systems.
The position is within the Thermal and Fluid Sciences group of the Applied Mechanics department.
That group is responsible for thermal and fluids analyses in support of requirements assessments, trades studies, prototype design, detailed design, test preparation, and analysis of thermal/fluids-related test data to successfully guide design activities.
The and position work within an interdisciplinary design team to support the iterative and evolving design process.
• Model development - System and environment information collection - Material information collection - Development of a model - Model running for various scenarios - Collecting, summarizing, and analyzing results relative to task requirements - Documenting and presenting results with conclusions and recommendations
• Active participation in design team meetings
• Active participation in test planning activities
• Analysis, interpretation, and application of test data to design activities
• Working with group colleagues to develop and apply best practices to analysis activities
• Proven skills in developing working fluids and thermal models from first principles
• Proven ability to develop working fluids and thermal models for complex geometries, boundary conditions, and initial conditions
• Proven ability to interpret, document, and report results of analyses to support design activities
• 5+ years of experience in fluids and thermal analyses
• Experience performing system engineering trade studies, analysis of alternatives, sensitivity analyses, etc.
• Experience working in an interdisciplinary engineering design team
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical engineering OR Physics
• Must have and active Secret clearance or held one within the last two years. Please list the candidate's clearance level in the submittal
• Working familiarity with analysis tools such as ANSYS (Mechanical, CFX, Fluent) or STAR-CCM+
• Demonstrated ability to import geometries from CAD models (Creo) into analysis software
• Demonstrated ability to relate model results to allowable limits
• Familiarity with fluids and thermal test methods including test planning, instrumentation, data acquisition, and data analysis to validate models and conclusions
• Analysis of weapon systems
• Familiarity with weapon's specs
• Familiarity with multi-physics modeling
• Experience with aerodynamics
• Experience with HVAC systems
• Master's or PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering with emphasis in fluid mechanics or heat transfer
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify