PDS Tech Inc. is seeking an In-Service Repair Engineer, in Wichita, KS.
This position supports the fleet in-service repair of aircraft structures and is responsible for the justification of repair solutions from a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance point of view, on Time, to Cost and to Quality. Duties include performing F&DT analysis on metallic parts while working in close collaboration with design and static stress colleagues to provide repair solutions. Methods include the use of both classical hand calculations and computer techniques to develop efficient repair solutions to satisfy airworthiness requirements and customers (Airlines/MROs).
- Create high quality integrated and certified engineering repair solutions for the airlines and internal customers within given time scales.
- Perform F&DT analyses to assess that structural integrity requirements have been met using standard hand and computer methods. Assignments include structural justification documentation and subsequent certification documents for in-service fleet support.
- Liaise with Design, Static Stress and other appropriate departments to come up with optimum design solutions for the airline customer.
- Liaise with Principal and Senior F&DT Engineers in order to ensure that methods, assumptions, data and procedures reflect on-going developments.
- Ensure, with the relevant technical signature delegation, that the final repair solution brings the aircraft back into an airworthy condition.
- Identify and support local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through process, methods and tools improvements.
- Ensure all tasks and activities required for Repair Engineering are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales.
- Provide responses for routine repair queries by giving guidance as required within Operations and Customer Services in a clear and concise manner.
- Together with other Repair Design and Static Stress Engineers, be a member of an integrated engineering team, ensuring its strategy, policy and direction is maintained.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Have the ability to achieve delegated signature (F&DT Approval).
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of classical and numerical analysis methods.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment both independently and collectively.
- Experience in airframe design (metallic & composites), Static, MRB, FAR/JAR/CS/ Part21, Certification, CATIA, NASTRAN, and PATRAN, is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) required.
- Team player demonstrating a positive & collaborative attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptability.
- Working knowledge of all Structures.
- Knowledge of stress/fatigue manuals and tools preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering (Aero, Civil, Mechanical) with a strong curriculum emphasis on structural design and analysis and mechanics of materials is required.
- Minimum 6 years total analysis experience in airframe design programs.
- MRO/Fleet Engineering experience is preferred.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify