PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for GNC Engineer- Secret Clearance position located in Minneapolis, MN.
This is a technical leadership position performing complex guidance and control design and analysis for precision guided munition systems.
The Guidance, Navigation and Control Group is responsible for all requirements, trade studies, algorithm designs and performance analyses required to develop autonomous products that navigate and guide successfully.
Their scope includes aerodynamic analysis and model development, flight control system design and analysis, - actuation system design and analysis, strap down and GPS aided navigation system design and analysis, midcourse and terminal guidance design optimization as well as system performance analysis and flight test verification.
• GNC System design, analysis, modeling, and simulation
• Apply knowledge of guidance, navigation, and control theory to develop optimum trajectory guidance laws subject to seeker system and airframe constraints
• Develop autopilot control laws (modern and classical) that reduce sensitivities to aerodynamic and structural interaction uncertainties
• Develop guidance algorithms that optimize midcourse and terminal trajectories for both fixed and highly maneuverable advanced tactical targets.
• conduct flight system performance analysis including nonlinear modeling, digital control, and system effectiveness analysis
• Apply digital signal processing techniques and navigation system error analysis to verify sensor and filter performance
• Perform post flight reconstruction and analysis to verify system flight test performance and validate flight simulation models
• Develop, modify, and maintaino software tools to include evaluation under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight modeso GPS and telemetry processing tools for the reduction and analysis of flight test to determine Best Estimate of Trajectory
• Prepare presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to designs, analyses, and tests performed
Skills/Experience Required :
• Proven skills at developing, testing, and refining flight algorithms for guided projectiles and fire control systems. [Navigation filters, track filters, autopilot approaches, 6DOF missile/projectile fly-out, guidance algorithms, tactical code development, and engagement simulations]
• Capable of extending the state of the art optimal trajectory shaping and developing multi-mode/multi-stage guidance laws.
• 10+ years of experience in Guidance, Navigation or Controls theory and analysis
• Experience performing systems engineering trade studies, analysis of alternatives, sensitivity analysis, etc.
• Relevant experience developing and verifying models of concept weapon systems and subsystems to include, airframes, seekers, launch platforms, flight dynamics, guidance algorithms, environmental models and tracking filters, radar aided navigation, up finding, sensor integration, agile tail, canard missile flight dynamics and control.
• Experience in: autopilot development with a desire for modern control experience, dynamic six degree of freedom modeling and simulation, launch vehicle analysis and navigation systems.
• Experience with modeling and simulation in 3DoF and 6DoF and working experience with C/C++. Must be thoroughly proficient with modeling and simulation using MATLAB/Simulink.
Must have an active Secret clearance or held one within the last two years. Please list candidates' clearance level in the submittal.
Education Required :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or Applied Mathematics or Applied Physics
Skills/Experience Preferred :
• Demonstrated track record developing advanced autopilots, guidance laws and Kalman Filtering
• Demonstrated skills integrating terminal seekers into a projectile system
• Experience in robust multivariable H-infinity/Mu-synthesis, LQI, LQG/LTR, and/or Integrated Guidance and Control (IGC) design
• Capable of extending the state of the art in, o adaptive control in model reference adaptive control, state dependent Riccati equations, adaptive sliding mode control, multiple controller mixing, or other approaches.
Education Preferred :
• Master's or PhD in Aerospace engineering is preferred, and substitutes for 2 or 4 years of experience
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify