PDS Tech Inc. is seeking an Electrical/Avionics Engineer, in Grand Prairie, TX.
This position will report directly to the Sr. Director-Engineering and will support design, system integration, and installation, testing and troubleshooting of Avionics/Electrical Systems.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Research & Development 25%
- Provide SME level support for the research, design, development, implementation and troubleshooting of integrated aircraft systems.
- Develop analysis methodologies for fault isolation of helicopter mechanical and dynamic systems/components.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) during the design phase of projects and down selects items for Parts List, designs wiring diagrams, installs and integrates the new avionics/electronics with the current a/c systems.
- Identifies compatibility with the existing base aircraft as well as optional/Mission Equipment Packages (MEPs).
- Documents designs in support of FAA certification using Military and Civil (test) standards.
- Performs system safety analysis, creates fault tree, trouble shooting guides and writes/contributes to Failure and Hazard Analysis (FHA) reports.
- Act as an Engineering SME for developing product improvements to improve system/component reliability.
- Transforms customer requirements into product/component specification, designs test programs, write test plans and reports to validate that customer requirements have been met.
- Performs component and system tests on and off aircraft in coordination with other disciplines and suppliers. Participates in development of acceptance, component, ground and flight test plans, reviews results for validation of design.
Product / Production Support 25%
- Provide support to AHI Technical Representatives, Service Centers, helicopter operators and interfaces with OEM involving product improvement, development, and maintenance.
- Compile failure and service history on products for reliability analysis, conduct special studies and investigations relating to chronic problems with identification of probable cause as it relates to systems integration.
- Performs component and system tests on and off aircraft in coordination with other disciplines and suppliers. Participates in development of acceptance, component, ground and flight test plans, reviews results for validation of design and in support of Supplemental Type Certification (STC) effort.
Program Management 25%
- Use System Engineering tools and processes to achieve design, development and qualification goals.
- Interface with functional managers to ensure seamless transitions from technical definition and prototyping through production phases of assigned project.
- Coordinates design efforts with suppliers and manages technical requirements and specifications in support of STC effort.
- Coordinates with Certification, Flight Operations, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Programs, Manufacturing and other supporting Departments.
- Master's degree (MS) in Electrical Engineering or in lieu of Master's degree a Bachelor's degree and two additional years of experience (5-8 years directly related experience).
- Doctorate level (PhD) degree in Electrical Engineering (strongly preferred).
- Requires 3 to 6 years directly related experience supporting design, system integration, and installation, testing and troubleshooting of Avionics/Electrical Systems. At least 6 months of this experience must have taken place within the prior year.
- Verifiable work experience with AH (France) or AHD (Germany) (strongly preferred).
- A published author on topics including a minimum of 2 of the following: system architecture design, analog/digital controls, topics that include: methods of detecting/mitigating or designing robust system protection for EMI/EMC, GPS signal acquisition/transmission, glass cockpits and/or Heads Up Displays (strongly preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Electrical Systems design and development.
- Systems integration and analysis methods.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- English (Mandatory).
- French (strongly preferred).
- German (strongly preferred).
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of DO-178, DO-160 required.
- Proficiency with AH/AHD product line of helicopters strongly preferred.
- Autocad (preferred).
- CATIA V5 (preferred).
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify