POSITION SUMMARYIn this role, you will develop the optimal manufacturing methods and processes for producing simple to complex company products. Generally will see a product through to satisfactory production, coordinating the manufacturing processes involved to meet customer, government and company requirements.
SAFETY – Maintains a constant awareness towards safety in the workplace and notifies supervision immediately of hazardous conditions and practices. QUALITY – Exhibits commitment to quality performance in all aspects of every task or project performed.
- Analyzes engineering design documents to establish manufacturing methods and processes to manufacture a component, including creating conceptual sketches and initiating the design and building of required tooling within established budgets and submits for appropriate approvals.
- Prepares a bill of material for procurement of raw material, rivets, bolts, etc., and describes outside vendor services needed for the manufacture of a component (heat treat, anodizing, painting, etc.). Approves outside vendor manufacturing plans and reviews progress to plan.
- Provides program management for individual parts, develops and maintains all production plans including sequencing of events for efficient, cost-effective manufacturing and coordinates all phases of manufacture, including process planning, tooling, and components manufacture assuring compliance to customer and company requirements. Maintains accurate files on parts.
- Continually evaluates alternative manufacturing methods/processes for cost reductions, improved products, competitive manufacturing advantage and capacity limitations.
- Prepares changes to meet revised customer requirements. Reviews progress with the customer, including design errors, proposed part rework and manufacturing problems.
- Analyzes discrepant parts, dispositions nonconforming material reports and prepares rework/repair procedures and customer submittal documents, as required.
- Instructs production workers and shop supervisors in proper use of tools and implementation of planned methods and processes and provides technical support as problems occur, analyzing and researching solutions and implementing corrective action, as needed.
- Estimates engineering time and tooling cost for customer design changes and submits estimates to Estimating Department.
- Assists Estimating Department in estimating future orders.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a 4-year degree in manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Preferably 2-3 years experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably in manufacturing aerospace environment.
Must have an understanding of fabrication, assembly and shop math, including algebra, trigonometry and spatial relations.
Expected to be familiar with material processes and the use of and design of tools, fixtures and gauges.
Prefer some working knowledge of computerized systems.
COMMUNICATION AND MOTIVATIONAL SKILLS
Must possess good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify