PDS TECH INC. is seeking candidate for Micro Solder Technician I -Secret Clearance, Tucson AZ 85756
Must have Secret Clearance
- The Electrical Subsystems Directorate is recruiting a technical support employee to work as a micro solder technician.
- Candidate must be capable of working with design engineers to assess proper materials necessary for tasks, have excellent solder and mechanical skills, and possess the ability to be a part of the team when reviewing prototype schematics and assembly drawings.
- Duties include disassembly, installation, modification, inspection, rework of custom engineering assemblies, and the ability to work from verbal instructions.
- Assignments will include working with the program engineers, ensuring all tasks are completed on schedule, offering recommendations to the team relating to process improvements or material considerations, and keeping metrics on the job performance.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• Adept at working under a micro scope
• Rework of circuit card assemblies including removing and replacing components as small as 0201, working with BGAs, high density chips and other high density technologies
• Fabrication of electrical harnesses
• Assembly of electronic systems, including CCAs, electronic modules, and mechanical sub-systems
• Miscellaneous rework of electrical and mechanical sub-systems
• Understand the processes of working with programmable electronic parts
• Maintain active J-STD-001 solder certification
• Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work autonomously while establishing schedule and priorities
• Must have effective communication skills to interface with a wide variety of people including lab technicians, engineers, managers, and auditors
• Security:Secret DoD clearance.
• AA degree preferred with 8 plus years’ experience
• Working Micro CCAs and/or building of electrical harnesses
• Strong experience in the assembly of electronic systems, including CCAs, electronic modules, and mechanical sub-systems
• Strong background with the rework of electrical and mechanical sub-systems
• Experience with the configuration of programmable electronic parts
• Proficient in MS Office Word and Excel
Education: High School Diploma
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify