Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking candidates for Director, Training & Flight Operations, Customer Support Division
for the Regional Jet Development Program.
This position is located in Nagoya, Japan.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of Regional Jet Customer training, flight manuals and flight operations engineering support.
- Training services include the development of courseware, training devices, training manuals and delivery of initial and recurrent training for Pilots, Technical/Mechanics, Cabin Crews, Ground Servicing Crews, and Dispatchers within an airline. In addition, this person must manage the relationship and performance of CAE, the Company's selected training service provider.
- Development, verification/validation and certification of flight operations manuals
- Flight Operations Engineering support to Company's customers
Responsibilities include establishing deliverable commitments, establishing work priorities, creating and managing the development process, creating the team and team structure, implementing governance and communication processes, and evaluating the performance of the group.
Work LocationThe Primary Work Location will be Nagoya, Japan. Travel to USA or other country will be required.Scope of WorkSpecific Training responsibilities include:
Specific Flight Operations Support responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the relationship with and performance of CAE, Company’s training services provider, ensuring training devices and services are high quality at market prices
- Development and maintenance of training curriculum and courseware for pilots, technicians/mechanics, flight attendants, and flight planning engineers, and ground handling services
- Development and maintenance of training documentation for each course offered
- Ensure there are sufficient qualified training instructors located at training delivery sites for the life of the aircraft
- Ensure training devices (e.g., Full Flight Simulators (FFS), Integrated Procedures Trainers (IPT), Virtual Maintenance Trainers (VMT), Computer Based Training (CBT), Door Trainer and Cabin Trainers) & training facilities meet training objectives and are certified (where applicable) by regulators
- Obtain regulator certifications such as OSD, FSB, etc.
- Commitment of training services (both proforma and for fee) to customers as part of the airplane sales process
- Scheduling customer training at a location that minimizes customer travel costs, meets customer requirements for timing (schedule), and fits within the Company's Training Program strategy.
- Define the process interfaces with Flight Test organization, Pilot organization and Flight operation engineering organization.
- Development, verification/validation, maintenance and delivery of all technical and administrative documents in support of customer’s flight operations.
- Airplane Flight Manual (AFM)
- Flight Crew Operating Manual (FCOM)
- Quick Reference Handbook (QRH)
- Weight & Balance Manual (WBM)
- Master Minimum Equipment List (MMEL)
- Dispatch Deviation Guide (DDG)
- Flight Crew Training Manual (FCTM)
- Cabin Crew Operating Manual (CCOM)
- Aircraft Characteristics for Airport Planning (AC)
- Ensure documents meet industry standards for content and format by participating in and influencing industry standards board that define flight operations documentation requirements
- Create airplane performance databases and may provide specialized training courses to customers to assist them in their understanding and use of the airplane and documents listed above. Such courses may include:
- Performance Engineers course
- Weight & Balance course
- Review and approve requests from airlines for non-normal operations such as flight with missing secondary structure
- Respond to Flight Operations related Customer Service Requests. Utilize the Safety Process for emergent Flight Operations related Safety issues.
- Prepare and Release Flight Operations Bulletins. MITAC must define both a Routine bulletin type as well as an Alert bulletin type to correspond to the Maintenance related Service Bulletins
- Define a change process that addresses Flight Operations related changes that may impact the certification basis of the airplane (e.g. Airplane Flight Manual)
Expected Education/Experience and Skills:
- Qualified candidates must hold an engineering degree from an accredited Engineering School.
- Candidates must have worked in commercial aerospace for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and have 5 or more years in managerial positions providing Training and/or Flight Operations management functions to commercial airline customers.
- Commercial pilots license preferred.
- Candidates must have skills and experience managing Partners and Suppliers.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify