One year in length
Maximum Hourly pay rate $18.00
Tests and troubleshoots electronic products using standard and specialized test equipment.
1. Troubleshoots electronic products to sub-assembly and component level utilizing schematics and standard troubleshooting practices and procedures
2. Sets up test equipment and tests electronic products using established test procedures and schematics
3. Provides technical guidance to assemblers and re-work assemblers
4. Performs cross functional tasks within fairly similar situations resulting in standardized but not identical outcomes
5. Knowledge of the operation and use of electronic production test equipment and hand assembly tools used in a high tech surface mount & through-hole technology manufacturing and production environment
6. Knowledge of advanced electronic test and troubleshooting techniques to component level.
7. Uses product test and measurement equipment, digital/analog voltmeters, oscilloscopes, hi-pot meters, power supplies, and automatic and standard test equipment, etc.
8. Recommends and/or proposes process improvements
8. Ensures that all relevant quality information/feedback is provided
10. Utilizes written or visual instructions involving use of quantitative information from specifications, schematics, graphs, pictures, gages, etc.
11. Provides written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations following test, troubleshooting, examinations, etc.
12. Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
13. Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
v Education Required:
o Associate degree in Electronics (2 year) or certified program (18 mos.) plus 1 year of experience
o 1-3 years of electronics related experience
v Skill Level Required:
o Skills required in maintaining close specifications using tools & gages, schematics and a variety of electronic equipment
o Should have a high level of electrical and mechanical aptitude and analytical skills
o Ability to interpret drawing and specifications
o Basic computer skills
o Knowledge of manufacturing processes and how to effectively troubleshoot problems
o Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
o Willing and able to take and pass basic electronics test
v Past experience in a manufacturing environment
v Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
v Lean manufacturing knowledge
v Understanding of IPC-A-610 standards
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify