This position is located in Nagoya, Japan. However, the job may involve international travel. Deployment for extended periods to USA to support Flight Tests may be necessary.
PDS Tech is seeking a Control Laws Engineer for the Flight Dynamics Group, Regional Jet Development Project.
The professional will work as part of the Control Laws team and the main scope of the work is to provide specialized technical assistance to the team regarding Control Laws Design, Verification and Certification.
This will include Control Law design and analysis tasks, support to piloted simulation/evaluation and flight testing, including data analysis/synthesis and problem reporting/resolution. Validation and verification activities may form a significant part of the assigned tasks, including desktop, rig and aircraft level analysis and testing with production of appropriate documentation to support Certification.
Use and development of simulation models, tools and environments will be a regular feature of the work.
If requested, the specialist will also work on other activities related to Control Laws, such as Failure Analysis, Flight Control System integration, ASE and interfacing to other teams.
Basic work scope is to provide technical assistance to the development and certification of the Regional Jet Program, focusing primarily on Control Laws Design, evaluation, verification and optimization.
- This activity includes:
- Control Law design, including gain tuning, stability and handling qualities analysis.
- Planning, preparing, executing, analysing and documenting Desktop Simulations
- Planning, preparing, supporting, analysing and documenting Manned simulations
- Planning, preparing supporting, analysing and documenting Flight Test activities
- Support to problem report resolution, including interaction with the pilot community.
- Validation and Verification work and associated documentation
- Support to tools, methods and analysis environment development
- Analysis of identified Failure cases and support to associated HQRM analysis and test activities
- Support to integration activities with other areas of organization including Flight Control Systems, Aeroelastics, Loads
- Preparation of documentation to support Certification and, if requested, coordination with authorities (JCAB, EASA, FAA)
- 5+ years of Aerospace Industry experience.
- At least 3 years of Control Laws experience with OEM, preferably on a Civil Aircraft project
- Good knowledge of Flight Dynamics and computer simulation/modelling required
- Recent experience of piloted assessment of Control Laws including planning, preparing and analysing simulator, rig and Flight test results.
- Experience of direct support to Flight testing including TM work is advantageous
- Knowledge of Part 25 rules and guidance material for Certification
- Knowledge/Experience on analysis of failure cases is advantageous
- Experience in design, qualification and certification of civil aircraft equipped with FbW is advantageous
- Ability to use and/or develop analysis tools to support Control Laws Design and Verification tasks
- Knowledge of Flight Control Systems design, ASE and/or Loads analysis is advantageous
- Good MATLAB/Simulink skills and experience essential
- Good programming skills, including in ‘C’ are highly advantageous
- Good team working and interpersonal skills
- Good English language skills
- Japanese language skills are advantageous
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify