PDS Tech is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Catia / SAP / SOLUMINA / SmarTeam preferred
Under minimal supervision, independently prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions
1. Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
2. Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
3. Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
4. Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
5. Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
6. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
7. Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
8. Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
9. Utilize CADAM/CATIA data and nesting software to generate flat patterns, Master Models, NC data, and ply nests to meet Engineering and Manufacturing requirements.
10. With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
11. Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
12. Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
13. Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan. Additional Functions
1. Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality.
2. Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required.
3. Perform other duties as assigned. Other Requirements:1. Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
2. Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
3. Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, etc.
4. Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Three (3) years Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
Catia / SAP / SOLUMINA / SmarTeam preferred
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify