PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Financial Analyst with active secret clearance
in Hazelwood, MO.
The Staff Accountant under the leadership of the Controller is responsible for the accurate and timely monthly general ledger closing process for the St Louis site and 3 administrative reporting units. The Staff Accountant must be able to work across departments and apply accounting principles, government regulations and company policy to prepare general ledger entries. This position will also be responsible for account reconciliations and analysis, preparation of monthly financial reporting and maintaining the fixed asset records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility and accountability for monthly close, including the preparation and rationalization of journal vouchers, ledgers and financial statements
- Evaluate, and apply internal controls to achieve accurate and efficient accounting systems and compliance with company, professional, and government accounting practices.
- Preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliations and income tax accruals calculation
- Preparation and/or review of general ledger entries to record business transactions and evaluate to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and record monthly depreciations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual tax schedules
- Assist with annual physical inventory process
- Train support staff in functional areas of responsibility and on accounting systems.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to safeguard company assets and ensure transactions are recorded properly.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Interpretation and application of accounting and procurement standards and regulations.
- Responds to audit questions related to the accounting system raised by government agencies and other customers.
- Prepares and files excise, property, employment, income and miscellaneous tax returns, reports and claims.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
EVMS background of understanding the various processes (work authorization, scheduling, EACs, budget change requests, etc) with the added expertise of being able to:
***Creates and manages the cost/budget/actuals/forecast and works within the accounting systems.
Meet with personnel to understand and document process flows
Edit/Write process documentation whether in the form of work/desktop instructions or the System Description itself
Ability to summarize process flows and develop “story boards” so that they are easily explained and understood by those not intimately involved in the process (ie, customers, DCMA auditors, etc).
Please send resumes to Gus Sanchez, email@example.com or call 314-264-3135 to discuss.
DOD Secret Clearance is required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of applicable work experience. Experience in public accounting and manufacturing experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Working knowledge of Hyperion software preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and is responsible to independently evaluate a broad range of critical decisions and present recommended actions to senior-level management.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Excellent PC skills in Windows Suite
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and process adherence skills
- Ability to manage cross functional project teams
- Unquestioned business ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Excellent PC skills in Windows Suite required.
- Experience with Business Planning Systems
- Prior experience in DoD or Aerospace
- Clearance required: Secret
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify