PDS Tech is currently seeking a Test Technician for Airframe and Actuators for our client in Santa Cruz, CA
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Testing team as a Test Technician. This role will be responsible for the assembly, operation, troubleshooting, and decommissioning of test stands and test equipment. The test technician will be responsible for the installation of instrumentation and wiring on test stands, and operation of basic data acquisition equipment. The test technician will collect, store and report test data including digital data file handling and audio / video recordings documenting tests and test equipment. The test technician will have the primary responsibility to troubleshoot systems on the test stands and work with engineers to resolve issues with test and data acquisition equipment.
The work is performed in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment. The test technician works in the flight vehicle integration area and is often hands on with aerospace flight hardware; attention to detail and a focus on safety are required at all times. The test technician is responsible to ensure work areas are clean and safe, including following 5S best practices for test work areas, ensuring test equipment is maintained in good working order and tracked in inventory. The test technician supports development of company test best practices and continuous improvement measures for test processes and facilities.
This role interacts with engineers and technicians from multiple cross functional teams. The successful individual will be able to communicate test status and test needs to leadership and internal customers, being the focal for the hands-on commissioning and operation of complex test stands.
Test technicians will be responsible for the assembly and operation of test stands using engineering drawings and models, including assembly of large metallic bolted and welded structures, hydraulic and pneumatic actuation systems, and electromechanical components such as valves, motors, and switches.
The test technician will use digital systems and digital and analog instruments to collect and report test data and test media. The test technician will also be responsible for the installation of instrumentation, checkout and troubleshooting of the instruments at the test stand, including load cells, strain gages, transducers, etc.
The test technician will support tracking, calibration, inventory, and control of tools, instruments, equipment, and raw materials used for test.
- 2+ years related work experience in a mechanical or industrial setting
- Experience with assembly and fabrication of metal, composite, or electromechanical assemblies, including use of standard hand tools (drills, grinders, saws, etc.) and industrial equipment (gantries, forklifts, air compressors, etc.)
- Ability to perform physical work and stand for at least 8 hours a day and lift heavy items up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Able to read and interpret basic engineering drawings (dimensions, notes, geometric features, and wire diagrams)
- Ability to fabricate and install wiring and wiring harnesses, including completing pinouts on circuit assemblies (wire cutting, stripping, labelling, pinning, soldering)
- Basic computer proficiency including Windows and office Software
- 5+ years prior experience in either test laboratory or aerospace fabrication
- Prior experience with instrumentation and data acquisition systems, preferably National Instruments / LabView
- Experience fabricating and installing electronic wiring and power systems on complex assemblies
- Experience with heavy lifting and rigging using cranes, forklifts, and lifting equipment
- Experience with standard machine equipment including mills, lathes, and band saws
- Experience with rapid manufacturing equipment such as 3D printers, laser cutters and water jets
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify