PDS is looking for an Interiors Stress Engineer for our client in Everett, WA
This position is responsible for supporting Lead Engineers and/or senior level Engineers in the structural substantiation of the mechanical / payloads / systems and structures design within our client’s Technical Services Engineering departments utilizing established modeling and analysis standards (such as Bruhn, Niu, BDM, JA Stress Manuals, etc.). The Stress Engineer 3 will support design and structural substantiation of aircraft engineering packages based on customer and OEM requirements for production, retrofit applications and product development.
This job may have supervisory responsibilities when acting in the role of Lead Engineer and as delegated by the Functional Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following with other duties as assigned:
• Work independently and/or under the direction of an experienced engineer, review/analyze basic mechanical/structural/payloads/systems based on defined requirements using approved processes and tools, with knowledge and hands-on experiences in
o Aircraft monument: FEM, interface load report, substantiation plan, stress analysis, partial static test plan and report, full scale static test plan and report, wind milling analysis
o Aircraft seating system: FEM, stress analysis, interface load report, dynamic test plan and report, static test plan and report, dynamic simulations
o Airframe: airframe (fuselage) stress analysis, aircraft fatigue and damage tolerances
o Materials: Allowables test plan and report, metallic and composite material properties, material, and process specification
o Regulation and Certification: FAR, CS, SAE, TSO, ACs
• Assigned tasks include but not limited to: assemblies/components structural review/analysis, mechanical/structural/payloads/systems installations review/analysis, specifications review (such as materials specifications and manufacturing process specifications), basic test plans/reports (such as tie-rods tension/compression testing) and associated testing support as needed.
• Participates in teams to support the development of designs. Supports the documentation of design implementation.
• Perform engineering design reviews and sign drawings and/or documents.
• Obtain, interpret, and analyze OEM airplane install drawings using approved processes and tools.
• Provides technical, design and informational support for airplane modifications (including full-time on-site modification support and on-call home-team support), manufacturing support and/or in-service issues.
• Troubleshoots basic mechanical/structural/payloads/systems problems associated with structural requirements.
• Actively support engineering department goals and initiatives.
• Coordinate with other departments as necessary.
• Utilize internal analysis/drawing/document standards per customer or regulatory agency requirements.
• Fast produce error-free engineering documents per engineering document standard.
• Some domestic or international travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
• BS degree Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related Engineering field and 3-6 years of relevant working experience.
• Design: Able to read and understand Computer Aided Design (CAD) designs, drawings and specifications. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.
• Tools: Proficient in CAE/CAD modeling tools used by the department (such as Catia, AutoCAD, Patran/Nastran, Femap/Nastran).
• Administration: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, equipment allocation/management, basic leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources. Able to work in a team environment and accept required roles, responsibilities, and accountability.
• Aircraft Fundamental Knowledge: basic knowledge of FAA requirements for the installation and structural substantiation of mechanical/structural/payloads/systems components (14 CFR Part 25, MMPDS, etc.) and OEM Design requirements (Boeing Design Manual, Standard Interface Documents, etc.) is required. Basic understanding of aircraft terms, design and structural analysis requirements is desirable.
• Engineering: Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design review and structural analysis of various systems, goods and services.
• Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems is required.
• Mathematical: College level mathematics required. Ability to use various formulas embedded and linkage amongst cells in spreadsheet program. Basic statistics required to be able to examine/reduce data and identify results/trends. Finite Elements Method (FEM) mathematics understanding required.
• Customer Orientation: Must demonstrate concern and take actions to meet requirements and high standards of quality of both internal and external customers. Must display courtesy and sensitivity. Manage difficult situations. Meet commitments. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service.
• Communication: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Good oral and written communication skills.
• Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, procedures, drawings, technical data, engineering documentations, and governmental regulations. Ability to write engineering documentations and formal business correspondence. For situations concerning Japanese customer assignments, Japanese language skills may also be required.
• Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Time Management: Managing one's own time. Able to multitask and work independently.
• Attitude: Demonstrate continuous skill improvement. Positive attitude is required.
Other General Requirements:
• High attention to detail.
• Able to work in a team environment and accept required roles, responsibilities, and accountability.
• Able to multitask and work independently.
• Working knowledge of Windows based computers, particularly MS Office products (Word, Excel Access & PowerPoint).
• Accurately report time worked in time tracking system on a daily basis.
• Demonstrate continuous skill improvement.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such a safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers of employees of organization.
• Japanese language ability is highly desirable.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must demonstrate concern and take actions to meet requirements and high standards of quality of both internal and external customers. Must display courtesy and sensitivity. Manage difficult situations. Meet commitments. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify