PDS Tech has an opening for Civil 3D Designer:Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Using engineering design concepts and design software, (AutoCAD or MicroStation), prepares preliminary design and produces complete construction document set drawings; prepares conformed plans and record drawings from existing and modified construction document sets.
- Reviews redlines and preliminary construction drawings for correctness, completeness and conformance with Plummer and the design software standards; recommends acceptance or modifications.
- Generates, complete and accurate record drawings, maps and other engineering design project work.
- Identifies design problems, such as location, elevation, drainage, pipe alignment conflicts and right of way availability; develops and presents proposed resolutions to the assigned project engineer.
- Conducts field inspections and surveys of project sites to determine or verify existing conditions and take measurements and dimensions; obtain record information from utilities to research utility line locations; research files, drawings, survey maps and parcel information for various data.
- Maintain a minimum: 12 hours of continuing education each year.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and practical use of AutoCAD(or equivalent).
- Civil 3D experience required.
- High School Diploma and training from a recognized CAD training facility.
- Preferred Experience: 6 years of Water, Wastewater, Gas, Electric, or Telecom Utility Experience.
- Knowledge of surveys, state plane coordinate systems, plant coordinate systems, true north vs plant north, etc.
- Knowledge of using point cloud data to create 3D BIM data
- Preferred: Certification, Associates or Bachelor’s.
Under general supervision, uses CAD programs and tools to capture, create, update and maintain design data; interprets and clarifies engineer redlines, design notes, and as-built drawings; ensures the completeness and accuracy of all work completed; and performs duties as assigned.
- Must have a good working knowledge of geometry, mathematics and trigonometry.
- Thorough knowledge of the standard terminology, techniques and practices of engineering drafting.
- Must be able to modify existing drawings to minimize the need to create new drawings and create new drawings when necessary in a timely fashion, which meet internal standards.
- Must be able to self-check own work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Able to work closely with engineers and other personnel to obtain information or ensure drawing clarity.
- Able to take layouts from engineers and provide construction sheets detailing the facility
- Computer literacy in the company’s software.
- Working knowledge of general construction techniques and the role of the drawings in the construction project.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and sketches.
- Must maintain an awareness of and regularly work within established schedules and budgets.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend and move about.
- Light physical effort required
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify