Computer Rollout TechnicianLocation:
Saint Louis, MO (Brentwood)Contract:
M-F (8 to 5)Summary:
The IT Support Analyst will serve as a member of the Technology Services Help Desk team providing courteous and expert technical support to all company team members in all locations via ticketing system, remote access, desk-side support, phone calls, emails, self-service, and walk-ups. This position will require the ability to multitask among several duties including but not limited to installation, troubleshooting, and resolving technology issues on various hardware and software, Windows operating systems, prioritizing support requests, and performing ticket documentation. Works collaboratively with other members of the Help Desk team to ensure tickets are being worked and closed within acceptable timelines. Escalates to level 2 and level 3 technology support team members, or a manager, as needed for advanced support. Responsibilities:
- Understand the fundamentals of how an accounting firm operates to ensure support levels match expectations.
- Develop expertise in the everyday use of internally developed and commercial software specific to the firm.
- Provide superior quality and service to all firm technology users. Respond promptly and courteously. Prioritize requests according to criticality. Identify timely and accurate solutions to technical issues.
- Provide expert help desk support for all locations (both remote and on-site) for all hardware, software, and ancillary office equipment including video conferencing equipment, projectors, phone systems, printers, scanners, and multi-function devices.
- Provide support for remote access solutions such as VPN and Terminal Services.
- Basic troubleshooting at the network level including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and modify computer system software.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance and support for Microsoft Office including Outlook e-mail, as well as Lotus Notes Domino databases/applications.
- Document all support activities in ticket tracking database.
- Inventory management of technology assets.
- Image workstations and assist in installation of PC hardware and software applications in accordance with firm standards.
- Deployment and migration of computers.
- Create and update process documentation.
- Participate in the research, development, and implementation of new technologies.
- Provide technology training to team members as needed.
- Very strong customer service skills including verbal and written communications; customer-focused with ability to effectively communicate with management, co-workers, and customers.
- Superior time management skills including sense of urgency and proactive approach.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and accountable.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work on and successfully complete multiple projects at the same time.
- At least three years of relevant technology experience in related technical environment preferred.
- Strong computer aptitude and understanding of IT concepts, operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Strong PC and software product skills especially Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated to research resolutions to technical issues independently and with limited guidance
- Drive to research and learn new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree required.
- CompTIA A+ certification a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a Help Desk, System Admin, or Desktop Support role
- Knowledge of Active Directory administration
- Familiarity with Office 365
- Typical office hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Must be available for on-call coverage during evenings, weekends, and holidays as requested.
- Ability to work extra hours, different hours, or staggered hours as determined by the workload and expectations especially between February and April each year.
- Some travel will be required to assist in other locations
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout office.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to speak English to communicate with clients, team members, etc.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify