PDS Tech is currently seeking a Horizontal Lathe Set Up Machinist for our client in Fremont, CA
These are Direct Opportunities! Our client manufactures and supplies precision machined/fabricated parts and assemblies for the semiconductor capital equipment industry.
WORK 36 HOURS GET PAID FOR 40!!
UP TO $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATE
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
Studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Measuring, marking, and scribing dimensions and reference points on materials or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining. Selecting, aligning, and securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, and grinders. Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required. May verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments. Setting up and operating machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. May fit and assemble parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools. Verifying dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges and gauge blocks. May install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance. May develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated. May confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems. Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities. Inspecting and measuring parts to gather statistical process control data. Set up of specialty equipment such as 5th axis, 90-degree angle heads and probes. Program parts using cad cam software and run parts complete per print
Weekend shift (6 AM – 6:30 PM Fri-Sun)
- Must possess specific certifications as defined by site operations
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of machine operations
- In-depth knowledge of product quality issues
- In-depth knowledge of GDT
- In-depth knowledge of programs, macros, cam software
- Ability to recognize errors in the g code and make edits prior to machining the work piece
- Ability to set up, operate, calibrate, and maintain machines and tools
- Ability to recognize and address problems in the production process
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively with team members and lead the team to high quality production within tight deadlines
Typical Experience:Seven to ten years’ relevant experience
- Duties of this position are performed in a manufacturing environment with occasional to frequent exposure to elements such as noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, etc.
- Duties of the position require periodic light physical effort and exertion including prolonged repetitive motions requiring manual dexterity and precise hand/eye co-ordination, sitting and or standing in confined workspaces, using tools and equipment, and moving and handling materials
- Duties may require periodic heavy manual effort including lifting objects over
- Duties require extended periods of sustained visual concentration on detailed documentation and product assemblies
- Above demands are carried out within the local existing Health and Safety guidelines\
Typical Education:High school diploma and additional courses after high school, or an equivalent combination of education and experience and a commitment towards further/additional education
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify