PDS Tech is currently seeking a MRB Stress Engineer for our client in Marina, CA
• Produce structural analysis substantiation reports in support of MRB/NCR disposition
• Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
• Produce stress finite element models to support sizing and structural analysis
• Directly communicate with quality, inspection, and manufacturing engineers
• B.S. in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or another relevant discipline
• Familiar with civil certification composite damage categories and effect on strength
• 7+ years of working experience in relevant industry
• Prior MRB Stress experience
• In-depth understanding of loading scenarios, free body diagrams, and structural behavior of aircraft components
• Hands on experience in aircraft manufacturing facility or repair depot.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Highly proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple assignments
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in finite element analysis, including nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of composite structures or metallic structures
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Good understanding of composite materials and manufacturing processes
• 10+ years of working experience in relevant industry
• Expert knowledge of Femap/Nastran and Abaqus
• Experience with solid laminate, sandwich panel, fastened, and bonded structure
• Experience performing analysis on aircraft primary structure
• Strong understanding of composite laminate theory
• Hands on experience working within aircraft certification program
• Excellent understanding of FAR Part 23 and 27 regulations (Part 25 ok)
• Experience with Dassault Systems CAD (Catia v5+)
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify