PDS Tech is currently seeking an Electrical/Instrumentation Design Engineer - Systems Test for our client in Santa Cruz, CAI am looking for an Electrical Engineer that is able to do detailed electrical design work, primarily ground based, for high voltage and low voltage systems. Also, should have a strong understanding of systems engineering.OverviewWe are seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our system testing team. As part of this team, you will support the design and execution of structural, environmental, and functional tests of flight-critical components and subsystems for VTOL electric aircraft. You will also be directly involved in systems integration testing for the S4 aircraft. The data collected during these tests will inform the company’s hardware design efforts and pave the way to production-ready hardware. Our team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.Responsibilities
- Perform test and electrical/instrumentation equipment requirements definition, test equipment selection, test equipment detailed design for the S4 systems integration test lab
- Be responsible for the electrical design and instrumentation design portions of our system test venues, from conceptual design to detailed engineering and drawings
- Use proprietary or open-source tools or frameworks to design Hardware In the Loop (HIL) tests for software, electrical, mechanical, and energy components of the aircraft system
- Create test setups for aircraft hardware by working closely with the mechanical, electrical, energy systems, and software teams, to capture the nuances of aircraft components, subsystem architectures, and operating conditions, and turn them into representative tests that will allow for validation of component and system designs
- Develop formal test procedures, instrumentation guidelines, test fixture assembly/installation and any other necessary tools to allow for repeatable testing of specimens as discussed
- Act as a test engineer on the environmental, integrated system and functional test rigs to validate design and system response against established benchmarks
- Analyze data collected during the aforementioned tests to generate reports to provide quantifiable feedback to the engineering teams that will allow them to optimize their designs
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
Experience in developing electrical and instrumentation designs and schematics for test equipment
Experience with high-voltage electronics
Experience developing Hardware In the Loop tests
Experience with instrumentation techniques and sensors
Experience with data acquisition techniques
Strong analytical background
Excellent problem solving and communication skills
M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
5+ years of work experience in relevant industry
Fluent in Python for test software creation
Experience with aircraft certification (DO-178B and DO-178C), regulatory requirements, compliance testing, aircraft software engineering processes, and test verification
Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures
Experience with Altium schematic capture
Experience on aircraft systems integration test labs
Polarion requirements and test case documentation experienced a plus
If interested, please reach out to discuss, thank you - DJ
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify