PDS Tech is currently seeking a Senior Test Engineer (Actuators/Mechanical Systems) for our client in Santa Cruz, CAOverviewOur client is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our Testing Team. As part of this team, you will perform validation and verification testing of flight critical components and sub-systems for VTOL electric aircraft. The data collected during these tests will inform the company’s hardware design efforts and pave the way to production ready hardware.Responsibilities
- Create, and mentor others in the creation of test setups for validation and verification of aircraft hardware.
- Work closely with the Airframe and Actuators, Propulsion and Avionics, and Software teams to capture the nuances of the components, system architectures, and operating conditions, and turning them into representative tests.
- Develop formal test plans, test procedures, instrumentation plans, test stand/fixture designs, data acquisition architectures, and any other necessary tools to allow for thorough and repeatable testing of specimens as discussed.
- Analyze data collected during the aforementioned tests to generate reports that will provide quantifiable feedback to the engineering teams allowing for hardware optimization.
- Manage the project status and timelines for the Testing Team and collaborate with Team Lead to ensure proper resource allocation to de-risk the critical paths.
- Create and implement tools to maximize Testing Team productivity.
- Manage the hardware needs of the Testing Team and provide recommendations for investment.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong analytical background
- Strong communication and social skills. The ability to work with many different people and manage working relationships
- Hands-on attitude
- Experience performing verification and validation testing of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with data acquisition techniques using foil strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, thermistors, etc. (including sensor installation)
- Fluent in using LabView for data collection and Diadem/MATLAB for data processing.
- Experience with mechanical design and manufacturing drawing creation.
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design
- Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Ph.D in relevant discipline
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant industry
- Project management experience
- Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures
- Experience testing aircraft composite structures
- Experience using fiber optic strain gauges
- Experience with High Voltage systems
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using Generative Shape Design, Part Design and Assembly Design
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder, and other machine shop equipment
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus
- Experience with aircraft FAA certification processes
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. (now an Adecco Group company) is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms specializing in Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy industries. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect our commitment to quality that our associates and clients experience first-hand.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.pdstech.com/candidate-privacy/
Ready to learn more? Please visit www.pdstech.com or take a look at where we are to find a recruiter near you.