PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a CAD Designer/Technician for a Civil Engineering firm
in Denver, CO or Austin, TXSummary/Objective
We are seeking a CAD Designer/Technician for our client to prepare preliminary designs using engineering design concepts and design software
. Must have exceptional time management skills, be detail oriented, have a solid understanding of design software standards and AutoCAD infrastructure (Civil 3D)
. Must have:
- AutoCAD infrastructure (common name Civil 3D).
- Preferred, AutoCAD, Microstation
- Preferred: AutoCAD Certified, Associates or Bachelor's degree.
• Drafts detailed drawings of pipeline plan and profile sheets, plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, retaining walls, tunnels, overhead power lines, and other structures from engineer markups and sketches.
• Work to provide drawings, figures, exhibits, etc. as required to meet the team needs.
• Work closely with all team members to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information, to obtain information or ensure drawing clarity.
• Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards, fits and stack-ups.
• Must have a good working knowledge of geometry, mathematics and trigonometry to base work upon.
• Thorough knowledge of the standard terminology, techniques and practices of engineering drafting.
• Must be able to modify existing drawings to minimize the need to create new drawings and create new drawings when necessary in a timely fashion, which meet internal standards.
• Able to take layouts from engineers and provide construction sheets detailing the facility
• Able to contribute in design reviews and improve job efficiencies.
• Computer literacy in the company’s software.
• CAD system proficiency.
• Working knowledge of general construction techniques and the role of the drawings in the construction project.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and sketches.
• Ability to serve as lead technician to coordinate project drafting.
• Must maintain an awareness of and regularly work within established schedules and budgets.
Candidates should be prepared to serve in a traditional professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify