AKKA Technologies (Parent Company of PDS) is currently looking for an an enthusiastic self-motivated Account Manager to service and manage National customers in manufacture and supply of Railways braking system, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market ( Eastern region , Western region and Southern region)JOB DESCRIPTION:The Account Manager is responsible for the Rail Services business activities (aftermarket) for assigned accounts, in line with directions given by the Regional Sales Manager. This includes the responsibility for the business growth, general account development to meet the required business metrics and KPIs, such as Order Intake, Sales, Margin Level, and Market Share development. Primary focus is to secure sales and order intake, manage the accounts consistent with the overall Rail Services Strategy. The account manager will facilitate customer relationships, internally drive delivery and technical issues to resolution, gather market intelligence, actively prepare proposals for the different type of sales channels, manage bids and tenders, develop forecasts, work closely with all required stakeholders.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
TRAVEL:Travel requirements vary by region, with out-of-the-area and overnight travel expected. Up to 25% average with occasional short-term durations of a week duration.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers at all levels of the customer organization’s by maintaining regular contact via telephone, email, conferences, and personal visits.
- Support the preparation of bids and quotations for assigned accounts for various activities (spares, overhaul & repair, maintenance service, modernization, etc.). Define bid strategy, perform bid management and coordination for key tenders/bids, review cost calculations, develop business cases, coordinate the tender approval process, support bid/no bid review and tender approvals, etc.
- Define business targets for accounts, monitor Price and Margin development for accounts, track needs and parts availability at customer, etc.
- Support RS Sales Logistics in order execution.
- Gather general market and customer information to support the sales activities; identify customer needs and requirements, understand customer organizations and processes, identify competitor activities, budget planning at customer, maintenance, and modernization plans, identify KB champions and key decision makers, etc.
- Support RS Regional Sales Manager in preparation and submission of activity reports and information to Rail Services Management (e.g., through maintaining account plans, updating project list, active reporting during sales and business reviews, visit and meeting reports, etc.).
- Support management in providing forecasts for sales, spare parts, overhauls and/or repair programs, modernization for assigned accounts, monthly update the Sales Pipeline Management Tools (e.g., Project List, PLUPS, STRAP, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Original Equipment Tender conditions for assigned accounts impacting Rail Services business. Assist in Life Cycle Costs calculation preparation, clause-by-clause comments on aftermarket agreements.
- Presentation of proposals to customer and negotiation of bids.
- Must be able to comply with quality, product safety, and HSE rules and regulations.
- Duties as assigned by the corresponding RS Regional Sales Manager. Please note: Duties may vary based upon region.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify