PDS Tech is seeking an Flight Test Assurance Engineer for an open position in Savannah, GA.Position Purpose
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of aircraft.Essential Functions:
1. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule
2. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues
3. Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities
4. Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision
5. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Experience with Simulink
- Experience with Python
- Eagerness to learn how to interact/update/troubleshoot real time simulation platforms (eg ADI, NI, Speedgoat), aircraft system Simulink models, with connected aircraft controllers, and/or auxiliary test and simulation equipment
- Willing to work with lab customers to resolve problem reports by troubleshooting, determining solutions, implementing, verifying, and coordinating with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn how to interpret aircraft/simulation electrical drawings
- Willingness to learn how to integrate aircraft hardware I/O (analog, discrete, data bus, etc) into a real time simulation platform
- Willingness to understand of standard aircraft industry, I/O protocols (ARINC 429, 664, 485, 717, etc)
- Willingness to learn and adhere to Software Development Processes
- Position will require a high degree of satisfying lab customer requests for added functionality, resolving user questions, and/or test assistance.
- Must have the ability to work with people in a lab environment on a regular basis to meet tight deadlines.
- Aircraft simulation experience a +
- Pilot License a +
- Aerospace Engineering Degree with a Computer Science minor is a +
- December 2021 graduates considered
- Degrees: Aerospace Engineering
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline.
2. Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods.
3. Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department.
6. Works under general supervision for most tasks.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify