PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a Body Design Engineer in Saline, MI.
• Coordinate the design and development of upper body shell & resin body attach parts.
• Manage component development throughout the design cycle from concept stage through to production line off by using Toyota development methodologies and processes for vehicle development.
• Execute design utilizing Catia V5 independently and by leading Supplier Engineers or CAD modelers.
• Conduct packaging / layout studies.
• Create drawings & 3D models using TEMA specified design process
• Create simple CAE studies using CATIA CAE for the design analysis
• Manage and continuously adjust priorities and processes to maintain project targets and deliverables – i.e. schedule, performance, cost, quality
• Visualization of issues, concerns, and gaps for responsible parts and design processes. Participate in improvement and reflection activities as required
• Ability to travel to suppliers, NA manufacturing plants, and Toyota Motor Corporation (Japan).
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with suppliers, affiliates, and Toyota Motor Corporation (Japan)
• Ability to work 20% overtime.
- Bachelors of Science Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- 5 years of engineering design experience with resin exterior parts (bumper/grill/garnish) preferably some bodyshell sheet metal experience as well
- 2 years Engineering experience with Catia V5
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify