PDS is seeking RS Acft Compo Repair Tech II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Repair Station requirements. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions
1. Apply basic and some advance skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
2. Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data. All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
3. Set up, maintain, and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
4. Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
5. Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
6. Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
7. Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA RS requirements.
8. Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
9. Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations. Additional Functions:
1. Lays-out, removes, fabricates and/or installs major and minor repairs to flight controls and other secondary structure components(I.E: honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques, test bench operations, hydraulic press operations, servicing carts)
2.Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
3. Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for ALL aircraft models.
4. Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
5. Utilize training and tools to effectively troubleshoot complex electrical circuits and or systems during component repair process.
6. Assist with training and instructing of Acft Component Repair I Techs.
7. Resolves routine questions and problems, referring the more complex issues to higher levels.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- HS diploma/GED. Able to interpret blueprints, engrg docs and use precision measuring tools.
- Proficient operation of all tools/equip in the dept incl glass bead & carboblast machines.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math.
- 2 years experience in one of the following or other related experience: Sheetmetal, hydraulic overhaul, electrical/electronic harness buildup, electrical systems troubleshooting, battery servicing, APU removal, installation, and servicing.
- Component repair experience preferred with an ability to read blueprints and use basic hand tools..
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify