Responsible to lead, manage, and provide technical direction to a product development engineering team. Defines plans and monitors costs and technical performance. Coordinates the technical effort and establishes operational plans to accomplish program objectives. Responsible for the interpretation of design and specification requirements, and is the focal for technical inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Define plans and monitor costs and technical performance for all product development and/or core engineering projects.
• Implement on-going project status reviews using project management tools.
• Makes decisions on technical priorities or design alternatives.
• Represents the organization as the technical liaison in providing solutions to customer problems.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
• Implement and maintain consistent engineering practices, standards, and procedures.
• Takes appropriate steps to protect and safeguard Dynamo’s intellectual property.
• Develop and analyze the operating budget; projects and plans.
• Compile engineering cost data and identify opportunities for process improvements to reduce cost or improve productivity.
• Make recommendations and decisions on engineering department human resources actions (e.g. staffing, training, compensation, etc.).
• Communicate and implement actions to ensure department values and policies are well understood and maintained (e.g. business ethics; integrity; inclusion).
• Identify and create technical training and development plans
• The candidate must be personable, technically competent, and a team leader.
• Candidate should be able to work independently, act decisively, and have above average planning and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Needs to be able to read and interpret drawings.
• Must be proficient in CAD and Solid works.
JD-Dir. Of Eng. Page 2 of 2 Rev. 1
• Minimum 15 year experience in managerial position.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferable, but not mandatory.
• PMP preferred.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify