PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To safely perform basic operations of Blown Extrusion equipment and produce high quality products ensuring internal / external customer specifications are completed.
• Basic operation and understanding of machine controls on at least one blown extrusion line.
• Take a blown extrusion line from cold start to basic production within the quality control specifications.
• Plans, sets-up, and initiates a changeover in accordance with the demands of the schedule. This includes staging all required materials, calculating bubble, treat, and winder adjustments.
• Troubleshoots and corrects basic line issues. May need assistance for more complex issues.
• Unloads master rolls and packages safely on frames and/or pallets.
• Performs all quality checks and documents quality data.
• Records all production, waste, down time, etc.
• Fully understands and follows all safety rules and policies.
• Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed by supervisor
• Maintain housekeeping.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
• Minimum 90 days as an Operator in Training. Production Supervisor and the Department Manager must approve any deviation.
• Trained and Certified in all Entry Level Blown areas
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Read a ruler in 1/16th inch increments
• Licensed for industrial powered pallet jack
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
• Capable of, and commit to follow the plant and departmental safety procedures, food safety guidelines and company procedures.
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Good mathematical skills.
• Continuous learning will be expected
• Able to work overtime as required
The schedule for this site is 7pm- 7am, working on a 2-2-3 schedule.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify