PDS Tech is seeking a Refrigeration Truck/Trailer Product Engineer for an open position in Athens GA
The ideal candidate will support the business by executing projects through the application of engineering skills and knowledge.
The Athens Product Engineering team is responsible for all post-product launch activities including Product Quality and Reliability, Manufacturing Support, Sourcing Support, Product Safety, Special Projects, Service and Aftermarket, as well as Cost Reduction focused projects. They also manage an Engineering Lab where projects are validated. The engineer may work closely with the Lab team depending on projects and the level of validation needed.
Candidates will be responsible for evaluating Product Engineering challenges, considering multiple solution concepts, final concept testing and qualification, and proposing and driving towards solutions. This requires working in a cross-functional global environment to communicate with other Product & Manufacturing Engineers, Sourcing & Quality Engineers, Operations personnel at a factory level, as well as new product development engineers located at other facilities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Perform Engineering Qualification tasks on Reliability & Manufacturing Improvement Projects
- Work with stakeholders and factory business partners to obtain information / data needed for project execution
- Develop and manage Project Schedules including Testing Timelines, QRB Deliverables, and Supplier Tasks
- Prepare and present Project Updates to Engineering Team and Cross Functional Groups
- Conduct Technical Reviews with key experts
- Perform Data Analysis, Drawing/Model Review, Reliability & Cost Analysis using various tools
- Utilize continuous product & process improvement principles to streamline project deliverables
- Knowledge of and experience with DFMEA/PFMEA (preferred skill)
- Demonstrated use of lab instruments and data acquisition devices (preferred skill)
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration principles and systems a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects/tasks on schedule
- Demonstrated Project Management skills with managing multiple projects
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Energetic team player with proven self-motivation and adaptability skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite Education
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 2-5 years of experience highly preferred
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify