PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking candidates for an Avionics Electrician/Mechanic position in Mobile, AL.
To conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic systems and components in accordance with the repair stations, FAA's and manufacturer's airworthiness and maintenance standards. This position is "safety sensitive"; therefore all FAA required compliance will be followed.
- Perform all maintenance in accordance with FAA approved data and to the standards of good workmanship as required by the Company
- Keep safety of flight in the forefront at all times in the production of an airworthy product.
- Perform routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failure of aircraft electrical and avionics systems and components; perform complete operational and functional checks on navigation, communication and flight control systems including instrumentation and pitot static installations, etc.
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, installs/modifies avionic and electrical systems.
- Determine when a component should be repaired or replaced; decide necessary repair schemes and quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair.
- Follow approved maintenance procedures, consulting internal procedures and technical data FAA approved.
- Perform serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Complete work package documentation with sign off after finishing all designated operations.
- Perform installation of avionic equipment.
- Interpret avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, wiring and cable integrity, coax cables and fittings and connector assemblies.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and soldering equipment.
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional test of electrical and electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, rework, and modify worn or defective assemblies, components or systems.
- Suggest improvements to processes and procedures.
- Satisfy work schedule requirements.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Advise operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Inform appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/ mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assist and train other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- Maintain all hangar and shop tools and equipment in a serviceable condition.
- Ensure assigned work area is kept clean and free of hazards to both personnel and the aircraft.
- Follow all necessary safety precautions; hearing and eye protection, use of chemicals, engine and propeller hazards, fall protection, etc.
- As a "safety sensitive" position, this position requires that the employee be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner as an essential job function.
- Comply with OSHA Safety Regulations.
- Participate in on-the-job training as required.
- Observe safety procedures and personnel policies.
- Regular attendance required as outlined in company policy.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant license is preferred.
- FCC 2nd Class License preferred
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, and the ability to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
- Proficiency with interpretation of avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, cables, fittings, circuits and connectors.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to inspect and install digital avionics equipment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while ensuring quality work.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel, talk or hear and have good visual abilities.
- Will often be required to sit, climb or balance and work in close quarters.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Must be safety conscious at all times.
- Able to lift or help lift up to 50 lbs.
- Note: Noise level may be loud at times.
- Previous experience on turbo prop aircraft preferred.
- Must understand, read and write proficiently in the English language to read and understand appropriate manuals, schematics, and technical information necessary to adequately perform duties.
- Prior avionics experience is required.
- Prior experience in aircraft maintenance required.
- Familiar with turbo prop aircraft is a plus.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic license is a plus.
- FCC license is not required; but is a plus.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- English language is required; bilingual in Spanish is not required, but is a plus.
- 10% Potential Domestic and International travel
- Authorized to Work in the US
Sitting, Standing, Squatting/Kneeling, Walking, Speaking, Hearing, Vision, Manual Dexterity, ability to work in somewhat confined spaces.
This role will require participation in a rotating shift schedule approximately every three months to work the following shifts:
1st shift - 5:00 AM - 3:30 PM
2nd Shift - 3:30 Pm - 2:00 AM
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify