PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a DoD Secret - Software/Systems Engineer in Lexington Park, MD.
• Direct Hire Software Engineer to support the E-2D program Office. The ideal candidate should be a problem solver, able to first identify a problem and then search for viable solutions sets. The position requires that the candidate work closely with the customer to take into consideration the programmatic consequences to alternative solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
• Plan, conduct and technically direct projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
• Reviews literature and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
• Reviews completion and implementation of technical products.
• Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
• May provide technical consultation to other organizations and leadership.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers.
• Understanding and experience with MBSE processes and tools.
• Understanding of Agile development methods.
• Understanding and experience with DOORS.
• Provide technical assistance and guidance relative to requirement/design problems to resolve technical problems and recommend technical solutions.
• Conduct studies and investigations related to program activities and recommend corrective/alternative courses of action to enhance the overall System Of Systems effectiveness.
• Understanding of Integrated Fire Control requirements and the related interoperability of the associated pillar programs.
• Through understanding of the MIL-STD-6016, the ICP change process and the capabilities implementation on the E-2D aircraft.
• Through understanding of Cooperative Engagement Capability’s (CEC) implementation on the E 2D aircraft and its associated interoperability requirements.
• Experience with S&T programs is beneficial.
• Recent E-2D NFO flight or flight test experience is beneficial.
• Understanding of Human Machine Interface concepts and standards.
• Experience with Live Virtual Constructive simulation environments.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field from an accredited college or university is required.
• Masters Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience. 8+ years of applicable progressively complex software design engineering experience is desired.
• A minimum of twelve (12) years of engineering experience in the analysis, design, development, integration, operation, testing and evaluation of aircraft or weapons systems is required, with eight (8) of those years occurring within the last twelve (12) years.
• A minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience with AEW weapons systems supporting an ACAT-1 program is required.
• Knowledge of DoD systems engineering requirements, acquisition policies, and Planning, Programming and Budgeting Systems (PPBS) is required.
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A current Secret Clearance with a Background Investigation completed within the last 6 years is required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify