PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a CAD Operator, in Chandler, AZ.
The selected candidate will work within the client's Design group and will be responsible for creating drawing/design packages with proper content and to ensuring compliance with applicable industry and military standards. Duties will include reviewing designs for fit, function, manufacturability, and economy of fabrication. This includes review of tolerance analysis, hardware selection and fitment on assembly prints. The candidate shall be well-versed in GD&T and will be called upon to resolve interpretation issues on drawings. Additional duties include verifying 3D models submitted to manufacturing utilizing Siemens NX 12 managed with Teamcenter. Responsibility will further include liaison with various engineering disciplines, Manufacturing, and Quality. Some vendor liaison will be required as well.
Additional responsibilities to include modeling fully defined components and assemblies efficiently using Siemens NX 12 managed with Teamcenter, and create/revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME modeling and drawing standards.Job Responsibilities:
1. Create and review mechanical drawings with appropriate personnel verifying completed work, checking dimensions, materials and quantities to be used.
2. Mechanical modeling using NX 12 managed with Teamcenter.
3. Create/Revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME 3D modeling and drawing standards.
4. As requested, may supervise and direct the activities of staff.
5. Perform related duties as assigned or required.
o Knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows and NX 12 as required.
o Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
o Ability to work quickly and accurately while under schedule pressure and exhibit a large degree of patience.
o Strong time management and organizational skills
Education and Experience
• 2-year Technical Degree in Drafting or Engineering and 10 years directly related experience or BS in Engineering and 7 years of related experience.
• Must be experienced with geometric dimensioning and tolerating per ASME Y14.5-2009. GDTP Professional Certification Preferred.
• Must be experienced with weld design per AWS D17.1 and D1.1. AWS CWI Certification Preferred.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain DoD security clearance.
• Experience working with DoD programs preferred.
• Must have knowledge of standard manufacturing processes including CNC Mill and Lathe operations.
• Must be experienced with Siemens NX 12 and Teamcenter.
• A working knowledge of ASME Y14.100 and Mil-Standard 100 is also desired.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Candidate must be comfortable working extended periods of time at a workstation.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify