PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Software Quality Engineer, in Plymouth, MN.Summary:
Test embedded software applications to ensure that, through comprehensive testing, high-quality software is developed and delivered and to ensure compliance with software requirements. Perform testing using a test station that consists of a rack of equipment (scopes, power supplies, function generator, DIO cards, etc., and using LabVIEW / TestStand for generating automated test procedures.Job Responsibilities:
• Analyze and understand software requirements to generate a clear test plan and detailed test procedures
• Develop automated tests using LabVIEW & various lab equipment
• Hold test readiness review and perform Formal Qualification Test (FQT) of real-time embedded software
• Concisely and accurately report technical details & status and document each phase of software test
• Generate clear and professional documentation; test plans, test descriptions, and test reports
• Present test plans, status, and results at program technical reviews
• Follow and promote CMMI compliant software processes
Additional responsibilities may include software development:
• Design real-time embedded C/C++ code for Microchip, Atmel, or TI microprocessor/DSP.
• Generate and unit test code using IAR Integrated Development Environment, Code Composer, or equivalent on a custom breadboard in a lab setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer /Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with BS, or 2 years of experience with MS
• Familiarity with software Formal Qualification Test process and documentation
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand
• Comfortable in a lab environment working with tools such as function generators and oscilloscopes
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
• Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Proficient use of personal computers using the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
• Must be a U.S. citizen and qualify for a U.S. Government security clearance
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with BS, or 7 years of experience with MS
• Minimum of 3 years of experience performing requirement testing of embedded software
• Familiarity with AS9100 and CMMI Level 3 standard practices and lifecycle processes
• Experience developing embedded C/C++ software
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify