PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Depot Service Technician in Tewksbury, MA.
The candidate will work in a depot service area along with team members to diagnose, repair. assemble, and calibrate the client's customer field instruments. The instruments are based on X-Ray and Optical technologies which are used in a wide variety of industries to detect the elemental composition for a variety of materials. The candidate will be trained to work with specific instruments, data acquisition systems, and standard industry software. A basic level and prior experience in troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical instruments is highly preferred
• Troubleshoot and repair of high volumes of customers portable instruments
• Use of fixtures, tools, and software during repair and calibration process
• Ensure pace, volume, and weekly/monthly productivity goals are met
• Coordinate with warehouse members to ensure parts and delays are minimized
• Recording of work performed in various systems including Salesforce
Related experience preferred:
• Intermediate understanding of electronic test/repair/troubleshooting concepts
• Prior experience using test equipment (Meters, torque tools, custom hardware and software)
• Prior use of Salesforce or similar service tracking software is desirable
• Must have experience working in an ESD environment
• High School Diploma or equivalent - OR - certified in a technical discipline preferred
• Minimum 1-year experience in high volume repair of portable electro-mechanical products greatly preferred
• Good communications, excellent computer skills required (e-mail, MS Office, Salesforce)
• Motivated to work on a team and build working relationships with co-workers
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required
• A healthy sense of urgency and motivation to learn more through cross-training
• Strong English skills desired
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify