|PDS is seeking a Production Painter III for an open position in Savannah, GA.|
Under minimal supervision, effectively prepare and paint major sub-assemblies and other parts of aircraft in production made according to specifications and schedule requirements.
1. Perform technical evaluation to establish sequence of operations and ensure correct method of manufacturing, assembly, installation, and detail components.
2. Troubleshoot any problem area concerning department tooling, production assembly, and aircraft systems.
3. Perform a variety of activities including preparation of surfaces and mixing paints. Paints aircraft, small parts, and various surfaces according to required specifications.
4. Interpret blueprints and read work orders, sketches, and operation sheets to comply with requirements.
5. Monitor and record equipment readings (pressure, humidity, oven temp history gauges etc.).
6. Perform layout and masking as necessary.
7. Mix paints, primers, etc. according to specifications.
8. Paint major assemblies (including metal, fiberglass and composite material), detail parts, and apparatus related to ground support.
9. Strip paint and prepare surfaces as required.
10. Perform miscellaneous paint operations and applies decals.
11. Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S and Lean Initiative Programs and complies with all safety regulations.
12. Demonstrate Manufacturing competencies in the Employee Effectiveness Review.
Additional Functions:1. Provide guidance and training to more junior members of the department.2. Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED.
- Requires knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials used in painting trade and methods of mixing paint colors.
- A Q-Stamp is required if applicable to respective work area.
- Three (3) years painting/paint preparation experience.
1. Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
2. Exhibit a high level of proficiency in technical evaluation, application methods and processes.
3. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.4. Must be able to work any shift.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify