PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Liaison Engineer II, Louisville, CO:Do you enjoy designing and developing innovative solutions to solve tough problems? Join our team to deliver technological solutions in a rapid and agile production environment. Our Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll conceptualize and deliver complex mechanical structures and systems and your technical duties include the design and development of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently seeking a motivated and tenacious engineer who will support Assembly Integration and Test operations of the spacecraft as a representative of the spacecraft design organization.
Liaison engineering team members are responsible as Design Engineering’s primary interface for manufacturing floor activity for Uncrewed Dream Chaser (UDC) and Cargo Module (CM) fabrication on the CRS2 program. Liaison’s goal is to ensure design requirements are met between production, planning, and supply chain, while maintaining schedule. Through a detailed understanding of the build processes, engineering change processes, design requirements and extensive collaboration with the internal teams designing and managing installations, this team is a key stakeholder to ensure that the overall build of UDC and CM design achieves all objectives.
The ideal candidate will excel in a demanding, fast-paced, and evolving environment where they will work as part of a strong, agile and highly motivated team to accomplish the first of its kind in the private industry, flying spacecraft. This individual takes pride in his/her thoroughness, emphasis on follow through, interorganizational communication skills and attention to requirements conformance. The candidate will be able to problem solve from the component level to installation level addressing often first time problems and use strong logic and engineering tools to come up with solutions to problems that meet drawing and document requirements. A successful applicant will have the ability thrive in a challenging multidisciplinary build environment, collectively solving build problems that require collaboration and agreement of various organizations including but not limited to Design, Quality, and Manufacturing engineering.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assess, disposition, analyze, justify, determine cause and relay improvements for build discrepancies, errors and other nonconformances
- Provide guidance on when NC’s are appropriate vs other engineering change options, enforce process standards, and provide streamlined support to quickly address and close.
- Understand, prioritize, communicate and execute nonconformance against program schedule.
Drawings, Processes and Technical Specifications:
- Develop and utilize knowledge of various engineering change options, determine and execute the appropriate change option that creates the shortest path and meets engineering requirements for each unique problem.
- Document, prioritize, communicate, and track required engineering changes fed back to the spacecraft design organization for resolution.
- Work closely with manufacturing, quality, planning, and procurement teams to address changes and shepherd them through fruition on the production floor.
- Contribute to innovative, time saving, and cost-effective improvements to help streamline engineering change and response times.
- Provide guidance to technicians, engineers, and quality assurance engineers related to drawing and spacecraft requirements by overseeing installations; providing training, and information briefs on key topics.
- Support the development and maintenance of program specific technical specifications, and follow through on execution of these specifications to drive efficiency.
- Contribute to development and execution of standard repairs, analysis methods, and acceptable defects to streamline defects processing through MRB.
- Monitor existing processes and nonconformance trends to develop tools and other methods to reduce manufacturing build hours and quality issues, increase production rates, and remove waste from complex processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering
- 3+ years, 1 years of which were in a manufacturing preferred (1+ year with MS)
Experience in design and build of primary and secondary composite structures
Experience in design and build of metallic structures and fittings
Proficient or familiar with hand calculation methods for structural analysis
Aerospace propulsion, hydraulics, mechanisms design and build experience desired
Proficiency preferred in NX CAD, but experience is another CAD package is acceptable
Familiar with typical PLM architecture
Experience with utilizing, developing, optimizing, interpreting and maintaining processes, specifications, and work instructions
Takes initiative, tenacious, and highly energetic
Able to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving work environment
Confident and competent in communication across departments and at different levels of leadership
Experience driving cross-functional changes to address specific technical problems
Experience monitoring, tracking, and continually improving design via root cause analysis
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify