PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Geospatial Modeling Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA.
● We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to focus on Machine Learning on Geospatial Data in our Data Insights Science group. You will work with a team of highly experienced remote sensing and geospatial data scientists to build a large-scale processing pipeline that applies geospatial datasets and computing power towards complex machine learning applications globally. Your work is a critical horizontal capability that builds upon existing analysis ready data processing capabilities and accelerates science innovation at scale for multiple project directions.
What You Will Do:
● Implement scalable data-intensive processing pipelines that applies geospatial data to ML/DL models
● Work with massive and complex geospatial datasets in a scientifically robust manner focusing on data provenance, quality, traceability, and error propagation to generate geo-consistent Analysis Ready Datasets
● Actively support the team in the design, implementation and deployment of innovative and effective solutions to datacubes generation and modelling pipelines.
● Transition exploratory research into scalable processing pipelines for further development
● Collaborate with engineering teams (internal stakeholders and external partners) working with geospatial platforms to implement models and algorithms at scale for production
● Produce high quality code and advocate for coding standards with an emphasis on software craftsmanship.
● Bachelor's degree or above in computer science or related technical field (e.g. Data Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Management)
● Skilled in the use of Python for research, data analysis, and/or modeling
● Demonstrated proficiency in Python, and Spark.
● Ability to write queries either in SQL, NoSQL and BigQuery to perform ETL on datasets.
● Experience working with AWS or other public Cloud platforms.
● Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as Github.
● Experience in designing unit test cases and implementation of them using testing libraries or test suites such as pytest, JUnit etc.
● Knowledge of remote sensing and geospatial data sources, characteristics, and methods. Experience or familiarity of raster and vector geospatial data format, experience with QGIS.
● Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced development environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
● Advance degree (MS) in a relevant field)
● One or more years of experience in applying machine learning solutions on a scalable platform to real-world applications.
● Excellent team player skills with high integrity, work ethics, and self-awareness.
● Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as within a team.
● Experience working with and contributing to the open source software community for geospatial software and analysis.
● Familiarity with cloud-based and/or distributed computing.
● Experience in performing exploratory data analysis and visualization.
● Experience in stats/ML model training, validation, data collection and/or working with geospatial data
● Familiarity with agricultural and crop management systems
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify