The Signal Integrity Engineer will play a critical role in the planning of digital PCB designs, simulation, lab verification, and troubleshooting signal integrity issues on completed designs. They will also be expected to help with design review of critical PCBs for signal integrity concerns. Good communications skills and ability to work with physically dispersed teams is a strong requirement.
Skills Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years’ experience with High-Speed Signal Delivery Design and Evaluation. This includes both signal integrity within a PCB and off the board (board to board connectors, ribbon cables, coaxial cable, etc.).
- Recent experience with Cadence Sigrity design suit or Ansys SIwave for SI simulations is required.
- Expertise in DDRx memory bus designs preferably using Mentor HyperLynx or Cadence Sigrity SI suit is required.
- Expertise in the design of serial links including multilevel signaling (PAM4), COM, jitter analysis and SERDES equalization techniques with CTLE, DFE and FFE is required.
- Expertise in channel model construction of serial links cascading s-parameter data of PCB, connector, and cable to generate a complete system model for an end-to-end simulation.
- At the minimum working level knowledge with Cadence Allegro design layout tool, its constraint manager and schematics is required.
- A high-level knowledge about behavioral device modeling including IBIS and IBIS-AMI models as well as passive device modeling techniques with touchstone files is required.
- A high-level knowledge about SI and PCB design fundamentals including single ended and differential signals, signal loss, impedance control and crosstalk noise is required.
- Experience in the simulation of parallel interfaces including FPGAs, SDRAMs, Flash memory devices is required.
- Experience with Keysight ADS and ANSYS HFSS is a highly desirable asset.
- A good grasp of fundamentals circuit and electromagnetics theory including frequency and time domain analysis techniques, transmission line theory, termination techniques, generating and interpreting data-eye diagrams, bathtub curves with NRZ and PAM4 signaling techniques is required.
- A working knowledge of PCB stackup design with fabrication limitations and cost trade-offs
- along with some experience of high frequency PCB material are required.
- Significant SI lab experience with TDR and VNA measurements is a must.
- The candidate should be able to develop test fixtures for SI measurements (both custom design test boards as well as adhoc probing solutions to troubleshoot existing PCBs)
- Familiarity with the cost vs performance tradeoffs when designing signal interfaces is an asset.
- Experience with high-speed flex circuit design is a desirable asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in wireless communications
Occasional overnight travel is required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify