PDS Tech is currently looking for a Contract Cable Designer to work in Huntsville, AL!
The Cable Designer will work within a team environment to develop complex cable assemblies, wiring and interconnect diagrams, schematics and layout drawings used in the assembly, installation, and repair of military electronics. Applicant should demonstrate proficiency in selection of cable materials and their impact to the hardware assembly.
Key areas of emphasis are connectors, back-shells, wire types, splices, shielding, shrink tubing, bending radius, and sleeves. The Cable Designer is expected to work across multiple programs to maintain drawing schedules and ensure project deadlines are supported. Candidates will also interface with other design engineers and manufacturing technicians to resolve any design issues during cable production. Candidate will design in accordance with military (DOD) and commercial (ANSI) standards, to support system level electro-mechanical design and integration requirements in the defense and space industries. Knowledge on the selection of electrical components from both military and commercial specifications and the impact to parts, materials, processes (PMP) compliance and the available supply chain is desired.
- Must have CREO
- The position requires an Associate's Degree and at least two (2) years of related experience.
- In lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of six (6) years of related experience is required.
- Candidates must have at least two (2) years of experience in design work using CAD packages.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience with configuration control of cable designs or electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
- Preference shown to candidates who possess an Active Security Clearance.
- Preferred candidates will meet some of the following: 3D cable design experience o Specific experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CREO, and/or Zuken
- Specific experience and knowledge of IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Security Requirements: Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify