PDS is seeking a Structural Mech II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required. to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations.
- Able to work with minimal supervision on duties and tasks.
- Support Lean Activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and equipment.
- Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional problems using fractions, decimal fractions and whole numbers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. (now an Adecco Group company) is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms specializing in Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy industries. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect our commitment to quality that our associates and clients experience first-hand.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.pdstech.com/candidate-privacy/
Ready to learn more? Please visit www.pdstech.com or take a look at where we are to find a recruiter near you.