PDS Tech is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client in Cupertino, CA
• Determine component requirements and develop / review schematic designs for innovative camera module related circuits containing digital image sensors, microcontrollers, low-noise power supplies, and high-speed serial interfaces.
• Work with vendors / cross functional teams for developing camera module circuits to ensure correct operation over the specified voltage and temperature ranges.
• Schematics / Layout design for Flex / Rigid / Rigid-Flex fab assemblies and substrate.
• Review layout, DFM and design reports to sign off on fab / board / substrate build activity.
• Bringup FPGA based boards and do EE validation testing.
• Analyze Camera module performance and noise data and create appropriate documentation for sharing info with boarder team.
• Debug EE issues, including power quality, high-speed signal integrity and I2C interface performance
• Design and development of power electronics, analog circuitry, AC/DC power supplies and adapters for computer systems.
• Development of products to achieve international EMC and safety approvals.
• Troubleshooting, evaluating, and testing power electronics in a lab environment.
• Working with and managing suppliers/manufacturing partners.
• Interfacing with multi-disciplinary product teams.
• Schematic capture.
• Review and Manage PCB layout design.
• 5+ years relevant experience Expertise in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture and layout tools.
• Extensive experience with EE design for digital circuits, including high-speed video interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces.
• Strong knowledge of EE design and layout for low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits, and high-speed multi-gigabit serial interfaces.
• Knowledge of layout strategies for EMI minimization, signal integrity and low noise.
• Comfort and ability to apply broad knowledge of engineering concepts (device behavior, data analysis, and systems modeling).
• Knowledge of Scripting languages (Python).
• Knowledge of FPGA based boards designs, FPGA programming.
• Ability to run many projects and project types.
• Proven ability to diagnose and tackle performance problems.
• Great interpersonal skills - ability to collaborate across globally diverse groups.
• Excellent process development and documentation skills.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Strong electrical engineering background with experience in designing high quality hardware and software for computer systems.
• 3+ years overall experience needed.
• Must have solid EE fundamentals - strong analog design skills.
• AC/DC power supply design and development experience.
• Extensive power electronics lab testing/troubleshooting experience.
• Good knowledge of ATE systems.
• Experience of design characterization process.
• Must have hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
• Must have experience of involvement in high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers.
• System application of power supplies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
BS/MS in a relevant field (EE)
Experience with Cadence Schematics/layout tools. Familiarity with substrate design is a plus. Familiarity with camera and optics technology, CMOS image sensors interfaces (MIPI / DP) is a plus. Familiarity with micro-controller and data analysis / graphing using Matlab or JMP. Proficient verbal and written English language skills. Additional languages are a plus
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify