PDS is looking for a Technician - Avionics/Instrumentation in Wichita, KS:
In your role, you will:
• Perform pre/post experimental test inspections as trained, of all data acquisition instrumentation systems or prototype avionics and electrical systems, making adjustments and repairs to ensure the integrity of the instrumentation system during flight and ground tests
• Perform maintenance on experimental aircraft electrical and electronic systems
• Assist with close tolerance initial and secondary calibrations on experimental flight test aircraft
• Set up and operate test equipment required for aircraft systems and instrumentation engineering support
• Assist with fabrication and troubleshooting prototype avionics and electrical systems or instrumentation
• Troubleshoot electronic assemblies and test equipment
• Perform engineering tests of prototype avionics and electrical components and systems at on-site and off-site locations
• Assist with aircraft ballast changes
• Assist with installation of instrumentation, strain gauges, and accelerometers
• Assist with aircraft towing, weighing, and related activities
• Assist other Avionics/Instrumentation Technicians or AMT’s, in the performance of their duties as required
• Access and re-install aircraft components, which obstruct the performance of assigned tasks
• Actively participate in process improvement initiatives as directed or assigned
• Maintain company tools, equipment, and work areas to department and company standards
• Will perform aircraft testing at offsite locations in support of other divisions and customers
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a minimum of 1 year experience in aerospace industry or equivalent working with data acquisition instrumentation or avionics/electronic/electrical components and systems
• You have completed coursework or training in basic avionics electronics
• You have basic computer skills necessary to perform job function
• You have the ability to read, interpret, and understand aircraft blueprints, mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and maintenance manuals
• You have the ability to operate computer programs including but not limited to Electronic Flight Preparation Sheet (FPS), Aircraft Preparation Sheet (APS), and Electronic Tie-in in support of daily aircraft operations
• You have basic knowledge of current technologies within the field of avionics and electrical or data acquisition systems
• You have the ability to assist with set-up and operate testing equipment including but not limited to differential global positioning system and weather station
• You have the ability to perform pre/post-test inspections of data acquisition instrumentation systems or avionics and electrical systems and make adjustments and/or repairs to ensure the integrity of the instrumentation system during flight and ground tests
• You have the ability to perform maintenance on experimental aircraft and prototype electrical and electronic systems or data acquisition system
• You have the ability to assist with fabrication and troubleshooting prototype avionics and electrical systems or instrumentation
• You have the ability to troubleshoot and functional test experimental avionics and electrical systems without standardized documentation and maintenance manuals
• You have basic knowledge of physics and related principles
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify